ULSD FUEL ALERT!!!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you mean, what will it do to the injector lines? Also, I thought the 911 was for extremities like frozen fuel tanks and stuff, not regular precautionary treatments?

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Yeah its for gelled fuel tanks and stuff. Quite a few guys were complaining though after using it they had to replace their injector lines. Don't think it was a right away thing but within a week or so.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Dman, You guys get all excited over nothing.

It's -28F here right now, prolly get a little colder, before it warms to a high of -5

If Your fuel gels, it's NOT the ULSD, it's Your fuel supplier not anticipating the temps getting this cold and not adding enough additive.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Oh and by the way. Your truck can't truly feel windchill. In order for windchill to seriously effect anything, it needs to have moisture on it's surface. ie: skin, fruit,ect.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its for gelled fuel tanks and stuff. Quite a few guys were complaining though after using it they had to replace their injector lines. Don't think it was a right away thing but within a week or so.

I use it for treating WMO that I suspect had water in it. And I've used it for a gelled filter a couple times. I've never had a problem with it, but all my lines are relitively new. :dunno

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank God for Global Warming! Imagine how cold it would be without it!:D:D

Hey...I just went over 500 posts. I didn't think I had that many in me.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i started my truck yesterday, its the coldest its been since i had it. took a little patience and cranking (not too long only few seconds) but it started. i put that anti gel stuff in my tanks a few weeks ago just in case. im considering going out to start it this morning just to try it again.

oh and i really hate the cold

Last edited:

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Our injector lines are made out of steel, what possibly could go wrong with them?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That 911 plays hell on those seals in the ford quick disconnects. I used that stuff and started having air leaks within 15 minutes of dumping it in the tank -cuss granted , they weren't new, but that's still no comfort out on the road. Had a fresh load of seriously bad southern fuel in sub teen temps . ended up having a shop dump it. Nothing like dumping 100 gallons of fuel to make your day :puke: :backoff

Best anti gel made is Howes, but you need to start using it BEFORE winter starts to get the water cleared out of the tanks, read the instructions on their website, If used properly, they will pay the tow, if you gel up using their stuff.. don't count on it happening, I've used it in -80 ( yes, you read that right )and temps trying to get to that on a regular basis and not gelled up. I've gelled on every other product on the market at one time or another.

That said, no anti gel is going to work when the fuel is total junk. That stuff I had to dump had 2 gallons of Howes, 2 gallons of power service, 10 gallons of unleaded and a gallon and a half of 911 in it before I finally gave up. I used every trick I knew from years of arctic trucking, that was available at the time to try to keep it going on that stuff and that stuff was just too lousy to try to run in 8 deg temps trying to pull a 32ft trailer.

zpd307

Reaction score
That said, no anti gel is going to work when the fuel is total junk. That stuff I had to dump had 2 gallons of Howes, 2 gallons of power service, 10 gallons of unleaded and a gallon and a half of 911 in it before I finally gave up. I used every trick I knew from years of arctic trucking, that was available at the time to try to keep it going on that stuff and that stuff was just too lousy to try to run in 8 deg temps trying to pull a 32ft trailer.

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao i wouldnt be laughing if i were there and it was not me, but since i wasnt..... i was adding up the costs of all that you put into and still had to throw it away. ouch. i have never had any gelling in the just over 3 years with my diesel trucks, and all the years i drove school bus, coach and dump truck.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
:dunno I used the ps911 for 2 winters to keep My wvo liquid (whether it did help or not I don't know but it always started) and I didn't replace any hoses on the engine before or after that and I know there was not air leaks there.

I use Lucas right now but I get the feeling it doesn't help with the cold temp.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
If Your fuel suppliers are worth a ****, You shouldn't need to worry about gelling.

I've been buying #2 for 10 years and have never had a problem. I use a little Power Service to help lube the system.

zpd307

Reaction score
during the transition time, when the temps start to fall but are not butt ass cold yet. i will put some power service in as a precaution.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
If Your fuel suppliers are worth a ****, You shouldn't need to worry about gelling.

Agreed but thats bad advice since many guys travel long hauls between fill ups. A guy could fill up in +50F in Tennessee and be in -25F in Wisconsin on the same tank. Might have some issues if thats the case.

This is on my mind since this is what I will be doing this weekend. I will leave sunny Southern Alabama and head north to where it not supposed to be above zero too much.....

But I do agree that if you stay relatively local there should be no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle