U-haul engines Quick Question

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question to anyone that got a u-haul engine.

IS THE ENGINE FASTENED TO THE CARRIER SO I CAN LIFT IT OFF THE SEMI TRUCK WITH CHAINS ON THE ENGINE LIFTING EARS?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My guess is yes. Otherwise how would it sit correctly on the pallet. Easy way to know is chain it and lift. Have a used tire ready for any surprises when you lift it off the truck. That way you can be ready to make 2 lifts. One to get the engine and another to get the pallet. You might want to save or sell the pallet too. If your keeping this engine then I understand the needs...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got her off, had the ears on the engine and was bolted to the stand. Tare weight was only 500 lbs.

Gonna keep the engine stand.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad it came off easily. Doubly glad it was not in the flood too. Sitting on the floor of the garage could have been a disaster.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics dimensions of stand so one can copy/build it??

Please

Gottcha Al; Will get em soon, just getting warmed up and something to eat. I'll take the engine off to show the saddle and measurements. Pictures pictures pictures, you guys like pictures. LOL

Gary; Ya got that right.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gottcha Al; Will get em soon, just getting warmed up and something to eat. I'll take the engine off to show the saddle and measurements. Pictures pictures pictures, you guys like pictures. LOL

Gary; Ya got that right.

Bill,

I think ya best contend with your flooding and cleanup, don't sweat that cradle till you get around to swapping out engine or getting it up on a stand! Hell man there are a lot more important things than pics/dimensions of a stand 2 days before Christmas with flood going on....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You might try sending Frank an email question bout this. No telling what they continue to "find" in warehouses all over the country.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Frank is the number one person controlling whats being sold thru uhaul. He is very good to us and works out what ever we have asked for. Some got items that were not as listed. Others got the wrong part they purchased. He made it right no matter the cost. Great guy..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I do not have a personal contact for Frank at uhaul because everything I have bought thru them on ebay was fine. No issues. If I had to guess at a contact source I would use any ebay item that the seller name is utechcenter. If thats not the right name then just go to ebay and see when you can find that uhaul is listing. then use the "ask sellr a question". I think thats the easy way of doing this. Others may chime in with what they know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer