Turning it up

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can tell you this........

My crew cab is NA (for now anyway) and it has been turned up on flat on a stock pump. It will bury the pyro to 1200 with no effort with only a modest load on small hills. I watch it like a hawk. Without it, you are asking for problems and just for the record......... You've been warned.;Really

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have no fuel gauge no speedometer no pyro works good for me;Sweet

Right. You just change engines. ;Really

Moosetrodomus say.... "Motor that runs without pyro is like man who runs without air. Both will get away with it if they don't exhale."

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Right. You just change engines. ;Really

Moosetrodomus say.... "Motor that runs without pyro is like man who runs without air. Both will get away with it if they don't exhale."

High EGT's didnt kill the engine either, the pistons looked perfect, everyone i show the piston and bent rod to says the engine hydrolocked

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What where your EGT's running on that engine or this engine for that matter?

You don't know because you have no pyro. Do what you want, but in all honesty David, I think it is foolish. Why not run the pyrometer and know when to back off the throttle? Why would that be a bad thing to know?;Poke I like my truck and I do push it, but I don't want to work on it all the time. The gauges let me know when it's time to give 'er a break. We're just giving friendly and honest advice that will hopefully keep you from replacing another motor soon.;Sweet

Heath

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
What where your EGT's running on that engine or this engine for that matter?

You don't know because you have no pyro. Do what you want, but in all honesty David, I think it is foolish. Why not run the pyrometer and know when to back off the throttle? Why would that be a bad thing to know?;Poke I like my truck and I do push it, but I don't want to work on it all the time. The gauges let me know when it's time to give 'er a break. We're just giving friendly and honest advice that will hopefully keep you from replacing another motor soon.;Sweet

Heath

And I appricate it and i'm sure David does too Heath. But I personally don't have the money right now to buy a pyro or it would've done had one a long time ago, and I know David is a firm beleiver in pyros I talk to him everyday. This is also not my daily driver and I don't cram the pedel through the floorboard everytime I get in it. It's my fun restoration project right now that I bought with the extra $500 I had out of a truck sale. But thank you fine sirs for your input, it is helpful;Sweet

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
I forgot to mention me and david turned my truck up today and I got it back runnin and I got to drive I again! :D

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
we turned it up like a flat and a half, and it smokes some if you get it in a load but it dont smoke none if you rev it or driving it:dunno

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
I still think the man that had to before me turned it down thinking he was turning it up lol cookoo We'll turn it another flat soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online