Turbo.....

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys... I finally did it. Took my 088 off and got it sent to Wes for a rebuild. Of course I have to get the 61mm billet wheel lol so hopefully it’s gonna be sweet! I’ll keep y’all updated. I was only getting 2-4 psi of boost so it was time....

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look forward to your results! I have a bigger wheel in mine sitting on the shelf while I gather parts and I'm quite excited to see how it performs!

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am to! I also bought a cold air intake for a 99 power stroke I’m going to put on it. Hopefully that will help a lot as well! I had a heck of a time getting the down pipe off but I finally got it off and shipped.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t remember if the 088 has a split feed pipe like the 093 but if it does be prepared to make sure that joint is sealed well. Exhaust leaks will make that awesome turbo very disappointing. It needs all the energy it can get from the exhaust to perform as expected. We just got finished dealing with that issue on our ‘91 and I can tell you leaks create huge sad faces. Once we got it sealed up the smiles are big enough to share but it would have been better to not have to do it twice.