turbo whistle and a little smoke vid

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
took it a while back, figured id post. camera doesnt do justice for the turbo whistle but that's always the case. i didnt bother editing so you get to listen to me climb in and out of the truck. i have to say i'm jealous of the turbo on my brothers idi though. those ball-bearing turbos have that slow wind-down after you shut the truck off that's just awsome.

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/D50_Viper/?action=view&current=M2U00166.mp4

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
his is an aurora 2k, which if i'm not mistaken is a ball bearing turbo. all i know is you can turn it off and can still hear it spooling down a little after you get out of the truck. he does have stacks, but i dont think that'd affect the duration of the spool-down. when i get a bigger comp wheel on mine i'm gonna replace the sleeves and clean the turbine wheel. maybe that'll help.

and no, mine just has the factory exhaust housing/elbow and a 3" downpipe from banks

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took it a while back, figured id post. camera doesnt do justice for the turbo whistle but that's always the case. i didnt bother editing so you get to listen to me climb in and out of the truck. i have to say i'm jealous of the turbo on my brothers idi though. those ball-bearing turbos have that slow wind-down after you shut the truck off that's just awsome.

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/D50_Viper/?action=view&current=M2U00166.mp4

No Video. All I get is my picture from Facebook and make a comment. Wierd.

That turbo winding down after shut down, has no oil pressure to the bearings, not good I think. Had a Detroit Diesel with a turbo and rigged an after shut down oiler on it to keep the bearings from coking up.

Reaction score
Power wise at the tires? Or crank? With 410 gears and 38/15.5 wide tires I can chirp them on dry pavement. (try not to at 550$ per tire) but I have wastegate set to 12psi

Reaction score
Fordguy100 I've been watching you videos ever since they went up on youtube! Just now did I connect the dots!! I used to tell every one that one day my truck will sound like yours haha that was before I even knew what the difference was between an idi and a psd long time ago lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love your guys whistle. Are they factory turbos or aftermarket? I have a first gen banks and you really have to listen for any whistle.

Jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online