Turbo ID assistance...

Caver Dave

Subterranean
Reaction score
When explaining my tale of woe to a bud a few weekends ago... (truck basically good for 30-45 minutes of drive time until it needs to sit and cool down... diagnosed by several of you as crapping IP, and hoping to have $$ to fix it soon, but holidays are approaching -cuss )...

He tells me he has a freebie turbo that he's "pretty sure came from an IDI, cause it doesn't look like the stuff on any of the PSD's I've owned". Looks to be missing a few parts, but I'm willing to deal with "grafting" this (plumbing, etc.) *IF* it's close to anything worth a hoot.

Anyways, he sent me some pics that clearly show it's a Garret, but I thought the OEM/aftermarket ATS & Banks systems used a different brand compressor? Can anybody tell me if this will work? If not, any idea what application it's from?

Attachments

• caver0004.jpg
    caver0004.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 3
  • caver0005.jpg
    caver0005.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 5
  • caver0006.jpg
    caver0006.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 4
  • caver0009.jpg
    caver0009.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 2
  • caver0010.jpg
    caver0010.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 2

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you dont want it ill pay shipping and take it as my turbo on the PSD is on its last legs:D

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not DT its a power stroke turbo off of a T444E(internationals version of he power stroke).it wont even bolt on to an IDI without major modifactions.you will need to find a place to mount it,fab a pedistal,run oil feed/return lines to it.make up pipes/downpipe.then youre gonna need more fuel in order to spin it up.headstuds to handle the 40+PSI of boost it is capable of building.

Caver Dave

Subterranean
Reaction score
Thanks bro!

I figured it was too good to be true! Though I'm due for goodness after the past few months of incredibly bad juju...

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some dude on the other site added a PSD turbo to his IDI, but 450 is right, its major modification time. How good are you at fabrication?