turbo help?

giezy

Reaction score
I have been tearing my spare 73 down to get it ready to put a cam and studs ant the banks turbo need a rebuild and am wondering if there was a bigger turbo to put in its place ?

I am not a turbo guy and wounder if the banks turbo could give 25 psi? my pump and injectors have been played with last year and gave me a performance increase already but unsure if it will give 25 psi enough fuel?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can always use a custom setup for turbo, though I highly doubt that the Banks even if rebuilt would do 25PSI...You have no info regarding exact model of banks turbo gated or not..though I don't know if they made both..

Someone will chime in with some experience and knowledge and hopefully be more clear than I

giezy

Reaction score
ya it is gated and didn't think it will hit 25 psi i thought if i wire it open?

Was going to do stud's and a type 4 cam and was thinking of twins and a intercooler. The twins are for only to reduce lag on the engine and see if the stock bottom end will last then build a good bottom endand turn up the boost

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compounds are a good idea although alot of work there's no way for the banks to make 25 even if plugged up and that's a bad idea. The stock bottom is stronge enough if ur rings are good. I would got hx35 or hy35 or a VGT turbo and that's the route I'm headed it works like compounds and less work more simple design and less pipes. The cams typ4 is a great idea. Intercooler as well would help you could get around 22 with a 093 turbo if it's all set up correctly.

giezy

Reaction score
was thinkingeven a hc1 would work as a single. would t hx/y 35' work good with a intercooler with one one each bank of cylnder's?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
my 093 ats will boost past 25 if i really try, it does 20 easy, but you really have to work to get it past 25, most i ever seen was it touch 30 but it was surging so bad i thought it would explode

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ron is going to build a 6.9 with twin (parallel) HX35's. There was a guy on here (Dusty, can't remember his handle) that put a DT466 turbo on his F250. He remote mounted it under the truck and made great boost/power.

Heath

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I guess I haven't been on here in a long time. I sadly got rid of the truck about a year and a half ago, my wife started to complain about me having 5 tractors 2 diesel trucks and a mustang GT that I tinker with too, and I was wanting a new gooseneck trailer and she said I had to get rid of something.

I used the turbo from a dt466, Garret Part number was GT3782 and was just like this one on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Garrett...her_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item416d5a1392&vxp=mtr. It built great boost and made plenty of power. I have a video of it somewhere just revving it in neutral and it would make as much as some of the kits would at full load. I will try and find the video, but I'm worried that was on an old computer that is gone.