true dual exhaust options?

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
some may know that last year i had a local shop hack off my downpipe on either side & run 3" duals outside the framerails, dumping in front of the tires(as shown below). i went this 'route' for a few reasons: too cheap & too happy with her for a turbo (for now), cheap & easy way to move air out, it was to facilitate a clean in-bed install of 5" stacks w/ flappers one day;Sweet . i figured i could always slap in a pair of free-flows to hush a little bit in the driveway if it was too loud or the fuzz pulled me. fast forward 9 months or so - i'd been growing a little tired of the bark, but after this weekend's (albeit small) haul, i might be re-thinking things...
i remember seeing some pics of really clean installs of some 4" or 5" sidepipes (can't find them now), & liked the look. actually, a lot. would a 4" + pipe be louder on my n/a? they'd exit about the same place as now, & i hear everything! no way to slap in glasspacks after that expense, though!
i also worry about the abuse they'd be taking - constant maintenance, & SS would be a must.

any thoughts?

Attachments

• duals.JPG
    duals.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 31

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
some may know that last year i had a local shop hack off my downpipe on either side & run 3" duals outside the framerails, dumping in front of the tires(as shown below). i went this 'route' for a few reasons: too cheap & too happy with her for a turbo (for now), cheap & easy way to move air out, it was to facilitate a clean in-bed install of 5" stacks w/ flappers one day;Sweet . i figured i could always slap in a pair of free-flows to hush a little bit in the driveway if it was too loud or the fuzz pulled me. fast forward 9 months or so - i'd been growing a little tired of the bark, but after this weekend's (albeit small) haul, i might be re-thinking things...
i remember seeing some pics of really clean installs of some 4" or 5" sidepipes (can't find them now), & liked the look. actually, a lot. would a 4" + pipe be louder on my n/a? they'd exit about the same place as now, & i hear everything! no way to slap in glasspacks after that expense, though!
i also worry about the abuse they'd be taking - constant maintenance, & SS would be a must.

any thoughts?

I'd just get a couple of Flowmasters or Gibsons and cut em in. That is some free flowing exhaust Frank. ;Sweet
My local exhaust shop guy said anything over 3" on the N/A's is almost a waste of cash cause there's not enuff flow for 4" duals for anything other than looks..... So he tells me. cookoo
Ya I thought about side pipes for the Beef but the road salt round here rules them out quick. So I bought another truck instead. :eek: Don't tell Karen :Sly :backoff :draw

Ron LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm doing sidepipes on the Bronco, but the truck is so short, that I'll have to have the feeders do a U turn to make it back to the front. I'm not doing it without a couple of short Magnaflows in the circuit.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Hey you guys, how about running a traditional inboard dual setup, to the muffs, then a u-turn, outside the frame, and back to another U, into the side pipes. That would give you the room for your pipe job, plus you could put in whatever muffs you want, with plenty of room.

You can run 3" for everything, then put bigger pipes on, for good looks.

Last edited:

058hamer

Reaction score
is that the stock crossover pipe cut and rotated or custom bent pipes?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online