truck pinging and blowing white smoke

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
started up the truck today it started pinging got going on the highway and white smoke comeing out bad.whats wrong oil presure is good.it has the same power.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White smoke generally indicates steam. Maybe a head gasket is letting water into the cylinder. The pinging would be your piston trying to compress water, which it cannot do.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Check your coolant to see if there is oil in it and check your oil to see if there's any sign of water. Either of these could indicate a head gasket failure or cracked block.

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
Check your coolant to see if there is oil in it and check your oil to see if there's any sign of water. Either of these could indicate a head gasket failure or cracked block.

If these things aren't true, white smoke is also a symtom of bad injectors.

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i changed the oil in it today know water in it.checked the coolant know oil in it was 2 gallions lows the resrv tanl hose had a kink in it i think.it sounds like the pinging is comeing from the ip when i give it fuel it kinda go,s away then ideiling it pings but missis a beat and the white smoke just comes right out sometimes its blue and white but mostly white dont know what else to do any ideas and the white smoke smells like rotted fuel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online