Truck is so much better!

sootman73

Reaction score
Finally got around to getting parts and time(and platesLOL) to work on my truck this weekend. Got that junk rear axle replaced with a known good one. Brakes were known to work, gears in good shape, seals sealing, and no leaks from the cover. ;Sweet

Got rid of a bunch of vibrations from the driveline and it runs so much easier! Also found the bypass plug for my banks transcommand and now it doesn't shift likes its stolen!LOL

also found what i think is my last driveline shake. found the center u-joint to have a chunk of the bearing cap missing and therefore obviously dry. gonna get that tore apart tonight and get some spicer u-joints!

Makes me much happier that the truck is running again. Was about to give up on it.... And all this stuff cost me $200!;Sweet

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
No kidding, little annoyances like that will make an otherwise nice vehicle unpleasant to drive.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Always fun when it feels like new again, but if you're like me, give it a couple weeks and you'll find something you just have to fix.LOL

sootman73

Reaction score
Yea except the fact that i have to pay for housing and i hate when i can't spare the money to buy the parts to make the truck nice like i want to.....

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Believe me, I hear ya there.

I just think it's funny when I fix something and think "Wow, it's perfect", then pretty quick it's like, "what was that noise", or "that didn't feel right".

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! It's a good feeling when you finally get all the little things done and it runs well.

ALL the little things?:dunno I don't know that I will ever get there. I have all the "little" things for every vehicle I own on a chalkboard in the shop. Every time I mark through a couple, some new ones get added.

mikelara

ftwo5oh
Reaction score
i just crossed the shifter boot and bezzel off of my list yesterday. crazy how quiet it is now in the cab, who would have thought... hahaha. now i need to replace the beam piviot bushings, and my broken leaf packs.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
They're "Axle pivot bushings" if you have problems finding them.

I would highly recommend Energy Suspension Polyurethane from Summit Racing for those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online