Truck Dies When Rpm Brought Down

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well durn!

The truck started acting up again today! Running off the same tank of diesel I got from a CEFECO.l when it initially died. They swear it's clean fuel and to spec. I'm wondering if I got bad fuel or if the diesel is to dry.

Never-Have-I-Ether
Yep, the piper wants his payment in blood. If it's like the piper I pay he usually wants 2 full pints up front.

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the piper wants his payment in blood. If it's like the piper I pay he usually wants 2 full pints up front.

I got plenty of onions. Probably gonna soak it in ATF again. I really think I got dry diesel. No problem until I filled up. Work pays for diesel now so I had stopped running on ATF for a while. Probably going to go back on it to line things up.

Never-Have-I-Ether

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got plenty of onions. Probably gonna soak it in ATF again. I really think I got dry diesel. No problem until I filled up. Work pays for diesel now so I had stopped running on ATF for a while. Probably going to go back on it to line things up.

Never-Have-I-Ether
Im a man with onions myself. It's good to have onions with dinner, but options for your vehicles. Since my newest vehicle is a 1990 right now, I try to maintain at least 3 running and tagged vehicles so there's always something for the wife and I to drive even if something goes down. I bet you're onto something with the change of fuel, but I wonder if your seals could be compromised in the IP and the ATF makes them expand a bit.

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a man with onions myself. It's good to have onions with dinner, but options for your vehicles. Since my newest vehicle is a 1990 right now, I try to maintain at least 3 running and tagged vehicles so there's always something for the wife and I to drive even if something goes down. I bet you're onto something with the change of fuel, but I wonder if your seals could be compromised in the IP and the ATF makes them expand a bit.
Rodger, I got two vehicles, my other being a 1995 F150. The funny thing is the transmission went out the week before my IP started acting up.:frustrate Hoping to get it in the shop in a couple weeks but need my IDI as a daily until then. I do about 400 miles a week. Running it through ATF again tonight. Hopefully it'll clear up in the morning.

Never-Have-I-Ether

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh, and now my transmission is leaking bad on the IDI! Just got home ARGHHH

Never-Have-I-Ether

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get off that easy, either. You'll make it......not without a couple pints of blood through.