Trip report:

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures. Id love to do that with my truck if it rode better lol.

You need some more aggressive tires that muck. But i would have turned around as well if I were by myself. Its just not worth the aggivation.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Nice!! I usually fight that gumbo goo on my bike when we explore that area... it REALLY is impossible to describe how slippery that stuff becomes when its wet. Its pretty much like grease!!

randomq

Reaction score
Awesome post. I love seeing other people out exploring in these trucks. I have the same tires on my rig, THAT is some serious mud. I used to love that stuff, when I had Boggers. Now I'm happier on a good dirt road.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
250????

damn the ones i see out here are $$$ or they are trashed. I think i'm gonna have billy check out one i found in south daytona.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Very cool photo's! Looks like lots of fun, I would love to take a trip like that. I live in Indiana not much to explore here. Keep the pictures and the stories coming cant wait for the next chapter.:thumbsup:

anderson eh' im in plainfield

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's everyone ;Sweet

I can't think of too many other vehicles I'd rather take out in the boonies than an IDI. They are simple, strong and reliable and can be repaired on the trail with basic tools and troubleshooting--all that along with bringing plenty of food and water plus all the appropriate gear/supplies is what matters out here ;Really

Last edited:

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Me and my wife were drooling over those pictures maybe some day we will be able to do the same looks like a blast man

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
If you want to talk muck, try going out to Caineville in the rain. That clay will build up and up into your wheel wells until your tires wont spin anymore.

But you pretty much can't experience that no more. Ken Salazar and his communist nutjob goons at the dept. of the interior have just about shut all of Utah down. Did you know 96% of the land in Wayne County is owned by the govt? I'm amazed the little faggots in the BLM trucks didn't stop you.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone ;Sweet

Me and my wife were drooling over those pictures maybe some day we will be able to do the same looks like a blast man

Thanks, I'm glad you guys liked them and I'll be sure to post some more as they come :)

If you want to talk muck, try going out to Caineville in the rain. That clay will build up and up into your wheel wells until your tires wont spin anymore.

But you pretty much can't experience that no more. Ken Salazar and his communist nutjob goons at the dept. of the interior have just about shut all of Utah down. Did you know 96% of the land in Wayne County is owned by the govt? I'm amazed the little faggots in the BLM trucks didn't stop you.

I know what you mean LOL Caineville has similar "moon dust" like the WY badlands. This spring it took us (luckily there were a couple rigs) 8 hours to go 5 miles. We had a crazy rainstorm in the middle of the night and the next morning we woke up to the nastiest goo known to man.... You couldn't even stand up without falling down. I've never worked so hard in my life! :eek::puke: LOL

I did know that about Wayne County--isn't that crazy?! I've spent more time than I can count in the San Rafeal Swell, Canyonlands and Moab areas--what an amazing country! However like you said every year we loose more and more land and they won't stop until the whole state is off limits. Lukily the West Desert isn't a big issue right now, but give it time :puke:

Right now our best defense is respecting land use and TREAD LIGHTLY. Tell everyone one you know to tell everyone they know and we might see the day when our kids (or their kids) can explore Utah like we did. Right now its not much compared to huge corporations ruled by idiots with lots of money but its one of the best defenses we have :Q

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally missed this report, looks like I will have to peruse other areas of OB than just the IDI section.
That is a fun area with lots of history, I haven't made it all the way out to the Newfoundland range either.
Here is a shot of the '97 on one of Kelton's bridges:

You must be registered for see images attach

Great report! I need to talk to you about your 255's.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Sounds like my trip to CO this year. Tons of fun out with my brother with tons of cool pictures.

This is an awesome country that we have. My inlaws take huge expensive trips all over the world yet haven't been to many of the places that you have pictures of. I'd rather just hop in the truck and enjoy the good ole USA!!!

Thanks for sharing! Most of us are jealous....

Thad