transmission update

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I bought a book on the C6. So far I have:

tried to adjust the band. No go. It was as tight as I dared.

I hooked up a pressure gauge to the test port. 0 psi in rev., neu, and drive.

I pulled the pan. The bottom of the pan had some gunk but not an abundance. The filter was clean.

I did notice, though that the pan was somewhat dented in and the filter opening left a clean impression on the bottom of the pan as if the pan was pressed into the bottom of the filter. Do you suppose it restricted flow enough to cause problems?

I have a feeling it's all coming out.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your pressure readings are at zero, your torque convertor or your front pump has let go. sometimes even both. At least the rebuild won't break the bank.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did notice, though that the pan was somewhat dented in and the filter opening left a clean impression on the bottom of the pan as if the pan was pressed into the bottom of the filter. Do you suppose it restricted flow enough to cause problems?

The answer is yes. Automatic trannies don't like the filter jammed into the pan. I agree with Towcat's diagnosis.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I concour you have a problem. Even if the pan was pressed up against the pan you would still have some kind of fluid flow, that should show something on the gauge. If you have 0 then you have a pump or converter failure. I would replace both of them anyway. Dacco makes a low stall super hauler converter that works real nice. Also if you are doing the job yourself go here for parts. www.bulkpart.com. They are dirt cheap and offer high quality parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.