Transmission cooler

GSF35099

Reaction score
After speaking to the Ford dealer, the service manager I had recommended a Hayden transmission cooler to help me with my issue of burning up the reverse seal.

Anyone have any recommendations on this aftermarket item (or another) and are they pretty easy to install?

I have looked on the net and can find them for about $60.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If youre going to get a cooler, make sure you get a stacked plate cooler and not tube/fin cooler. You will have much more efficient cooling with one of the low pressure drop stacked plate design coolers.

Install is fairly straight forward and simple. If you look in the "My pics" link in my sig you'll see a couple of pictures on page 3 of my truck photos that show my Tru-cool install. The install is just a little different on my truck than it is on a 99+ but you'll get the idea.

GSF35099

Reaction score
Thanks, 95_stroker,

I have been looking at the Tru-Cool LPD. units on the net and found some instructions that show it pretty straight forward as well. This is defenately the style that I need living here in the South with the towing that I do with my truck. I am looking at the HD dude that is for 28,000 GVW.

I load my truck down.. ;Sweet She is my work-horse.:hail

I am pretty sure this will be the style I purchase and I also need to do a little more research about the modification that helps warm the tranny fluid up when in cold wheather. I only head to that part of the country a couple times of year but re-call reading something that said this could cause problems.

GSF35099

Reaction score
If youre going to get a cooler, make sure you get a stacked plate cooler and not tube/fin cooler. You will have much more efficient cooling with one of the low pressure drop stacked plate design coolers.

Install is fairly straight forward and simple. If you look in the "My pics" link in my sig you'll see a couple of pictures on page 3 of my truck photos that show my Tru-cool install. The install is just a little different on my truck than it is on a 99+ but you'll get the idea.

Hi stroker,

Thanks for the input and help with the photo's. I purchased a low pressure drop Tru-Cool and installed it this weekend (with my son's help:D ) and everything went just fine.

Now I'm working on installing my in-cab control for my shocks. Once I get this done, no more crawling under the truck and adjusting my shocks.. ;Sweet

Thanks again..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726