trans comp?

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys so iam working on a new project and i got a auto 96 psd engine/ complete wiring exc iam putting it in a manual truck, and i was wondering what will happen with not having the auto comp :dunno also the computor for the trans is the one under the dash correct? thanks!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the computer under the dash runs everything in the truck including the tranny.from what i was told an automatic truck will lope at idle with a 5 speed in it unless you get a pcm for a 5 speed truck.

if youre planning to use the auto tranny you NEED the pcm for a truck with an auto trans in it or it wont shift.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i was not clearly saying what comp i was talking about but u still gave me some info so thanks, but iam not talking about the comp on the left side of the dash behind the e brake pedal, iam talking about the one right under the center of the dash its up their a ways but its their iam prity shure it is the trans comp but not 100% thanks!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is only 1 computer that runs everything in the truck as i stated.it is the one behind the ebrake.the one on the drivers fender is the IDM for he 94-97s.on the 99-ups the one up under the center of the dash is the IDM for the injectors,does nothing else.

the one behind the ebrake is the motor/tranny computer