trans codes, and over drive units (2 seprate ?'s)

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Hey guys, got 2 questions for ya'll here.
1) any one ever heard of "dual range one" (has like this little r squared symol)
or maybe DNE? Im lookin at a truck with this, and cause its too wet to be crawlin round underneath it, I really dont have a clue about it. I looked at US Gear and one picture with a ford auto trans stick has the contoller on it, n the one on the truck is almost identical. other then taking it for a test drive how do i figure out if its under, or overdrive? Any one has experice with Us gear?
2) because Im always -Drool when I see it I dont even look to see what tranny it has! All I know is its trans code E on the door. Anyone know???

Thanks in advance!!

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well as far as i kno, u need the part number off the splitter, but by driving it u also should be able to fing out

Rob94F250

Reaction score
I didn't see any mention of the year of the vehicle you were looking at, but from the 1994 service manual:
G = C6
T = 4 Speed AOD (their wording, not mine)
E = E4OD
F,C,M,W are for manuals.

So I would suspect an E4OD...

I would like to hear what you think of the Sonnax valve once you have it installed.

Rob.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Sorry about that, its an 89. I made a few calls today, n no-one wants to give me a loan fer 3500 bucks even with both trucks up fer collateral!! :frustrate Maybe I can find a co-signer

I'll be sure to post what I think about that Sonnax for everyone, Im kind of debating weather or not I want to dig into the tranny, power steering, or finish the fuel system first. I really need to get that column from Bobby Blankenship while i got the tax money. So im thinking either end of this month, or fist weekend of april i'll have it in. Hmmm.... now that I think about it, I'll definatly have it in by the first weekend in april, otherwise Im not going to Geonc's pig roast! :eek:

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Cowboy_Customs said:
I really need to get that column from Bobby Blankenship while i got the tax money.

Well, unless Bobby pulled it for you already, when I was there on the 5th he said the truck, what was left, was going to scrap yard that week. Better call him. OkieG

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's an 89, you have 2 choices for trans (assuming it's a diesel). 3 speed C6, and 4 speed E4OD. The E4OD will have an OD lockout button on the end of the shifter, C6 will not. Also E4OD will have a FIPL sensor with wires coming out, C6 will have vacuum lines coming out.

Over or Under-drive, you pretty much have to drive and see where the RPM's go. You could ask the seller, but I find when people don't know the answer they make up a good sounding lie.