Tranny Question,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am working on a 96 2500 4x4 with an auto. What I am finding out is that there is low voltage to the governor pressure switch. Aparently it makes the tranny shift differently according to the throttle position. The tranny shift's ok under light throttle, but under heavy throttle it feels like it doesn't shift at all. It just sort of stays at one rpm range. If I shift it manually it seems fine.

Any suggestions on what to look at?

Any help is appreciated!

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if theres low voltage, i'd be checking wires and grounds.
are you sure its not one of the 5 volt reference sensors? i dont know off hand if it is, but dodge uses a 5 volt reference for most of its sensors...not 12 volts. so it may be normal voltage

also, whenever i have to drive one of the auto trucks, you really cant feel it shift under high rpm's. this is also normal.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I have driven a bunch of other auto Dodges, and I could feel the difference in the shifting compared to this truck. I took it by buddy's tranny shop, and he diagnosed the low voltage problem. We haven't had a chance to chase wires down yet so I am still looking for where to look.

Should be able to look more into it tomorrow,

Thanks again,.....anyone else...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent