tranny issues help?

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an 00 dodge cummins 3500 with an automatic, ive been tinkering with it getting more power and am worried about the transmission goin out on me. I purchased the truck with 179,000 on it and it runs strong dosent leak oil and is in really good shape the guy i bought it from says he had a new tranny put in it at 140,000, so its fairly new. my problem is when i stomp it to the floor from a dead stop it will not shift from 1st to 2nd unless i let off and if i let off and stomp it to early it will kick down and do the same thing, now regular driving the truck does hesitate between 1st and 2nd gear and it revs to 2200 rpms before it trys to shift no matter where your foot is, it will hold 1st gear for a second or two and then slam into 2nd, my question is, why is it doing this, is it junk? should i pull it out and get it built? what parts do you recemend? or should i just put a stick in it im open to suggestions and personally would rather have a stick but if it going to cost more than building my automatic then i will build my auto, I'm looking at pushing between four fifty and five fifty for hp some day so its gota hold up to that also. any info would be greatly appreciated and sorry for being to long winded:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance