Tranferflow tanks?

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Transferflow tanks?

Any have any experience with transfer flow tanks? Anything to look out for? I was sitting in my truck chatting with a buddy on the phone while filling up at the corner fuel station yesterday. I looked over and the pump was at 30gallons and still running. I jumped out expecting a pool of diesel and it was dry. *** I crawled underneath and found my truck has a 40gallon transfer flow front and (20-30?)gallon transferflow rear tank I could not read the build sheet on the rear but there is a pair of stickers on the door jamb and it is clearly a transferflow rear tank just like the front. BUild date on the front is 10/97 so they've been there awhile. I have at least 60gallons of fuel capacity;Sweet Thats just too cool. At 18mpg that is over 1000 miles between fill ups:rotflmao 450lbs of diesel will make this thing ride better as well. I can fill up in town and drive to our cabin in MN without stopping....;SweetLOL

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See my sig. Not mounted underside, but in the bed. Transferflow is just a Brand name, they do make all kinds of fuel tanks. You rear is probably just like the OEM tank which is 19 gallons.

The Trac II computer keeps the OEM fuel tank full to an extent it matches what the truck gauge reads. It has a screen readout to show how much is left in the OEM tank and Transferflow tank.

Evidently you have never FILLED UP before. :rotflmao

Looks like they don't make them anymore. https://www.transferflow.com/shop/products

EDIT: Someone may have ordered them special. https://www.transferflow.com/fuel-tanks/oem

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Transfer Flow used to make high-capacity replacement tanks for our trucks...they also used to make replacement fillnecks for both tanks that allowed the large nozzles and didn't give you fits of foaming up and such. Unfortunately, they discontinued them a few years back...I was planning to buy tanks and nozzles, but by the time I had the money saved up, they had stopped. :(

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Pictures? Does it hang below the frame or is it tucked up pretty well like the factory 19 gal? I did the 38 gal rear and it's great having 57 gallons total, that rear 38 is the tank that just keeps on giving. My range is somewhere around 800-850 miles, a ZF5 would probably bump my range up as much as an extra 20 gallons but that's on the list too. Shame they don't make those anymore, I was hoping for an off the shelf 40 gal tank that didn't hang too low for maybe a few hundred bucks.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
OH sweet. I had not noticed the filler necks are transferflow products too;Sweet and fit the huge highflow semi truck pump nozzles;Sweet Rear is tucked up like the factory tank and has skid plates below it the front hangs down a bit but not bad it is really long. Hard to get a good picture but both filler necks and tanks are transferflow products.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Yep first time filling up LOLI put 20$ in it a couple weeks ago and have not driven it much till this week. I was sure I had a big fuel spill on my hands....I was really hustling to get to that pump:rotflmao. Very cool that I have 59 gallons of fuel under the truck. Now I need a 100gallon in bed tank and I am almost making it to SC on one fill. :D

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Transfer Flow made a great tank for our rigs. Sadly they stopped making them. True they were expensive but still very nicely made. So this is in Harry?

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Yep My kids call her harriet my daughter insists its a girl. Pleasant surprise to find aftermarket tanks and necks I kind of marvel at the fact I missed them until now. I have been working on the bw rusted stuck turnover ball right under the wheel well. I saw the stickers in the door pillar but thought it must be a bed tank that had been pulled. I just went and topped the front tank off so I can check miltage and put 10gal in the rear tank cause it was empty. The gas gauge seems to work with both tanks.

Robt.Webster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any have any experience with transfer flow tanks? Anything to look out for? I was sitting in my truck chatting with a buddy on the phone while filling up at the corner fuel station yesterday. I looked over and the pump was at 30gallons and still running. I jumped out expecting a pool of diesel and it was dry. *** I crawled underneath and found my truck has a 40gallon transfer flow front and (20-30?)gallon transferflow rear tank I could not read the build sheet on the rear but there is a pair of stickers on the door jamb and it is clearly a transferflow rear tank just like the front. BUild date on the front is 10/97 so they've been there awhile. I have at least 60gallons of fuel capacity;Sweet Thats just too cool. At 18mpg that is over 1000 miles between fill ups:rotflmao 450lbs of diesel will make this thing ride better as well. I can fill up in town and drive to our cabin in MN without stopping....;SweetLOL

I have the same Transfer Flow tanks that you apparently have with a 40 gallon front and 30 gallon rear. The spare is still located under the rear tank, just mounted with extended holding rods.

Sadly, the venting on these tanks is not what I had hoped, and I still have to burp them to top them off.

Sure is nice having 70 gallons on board when I am pulling my 14,000 pound 5th wheel.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Cool yep my spare was mounted underneath too. The Po had bent up the bolts so bad I had to cut them off with a grinder. I am going to order a set from lmc. Foaming is just what diesel does, I have had to "burp" every tankful of diesel in all 5 of my diesel vehicles just a property of the stuff.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last time I FILLED my tanks, 100 Gal. in bed, 40 Gal front, in the 99 F350, it was $556. Course that was last year. Nice thing about it was, I drove for 4 months without fueling up again. I just hope the SOB that stole about 10 gallons out had a gasser.LOL I didn't have a locking cap on the bed tank. Still don't, but it's MT.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the 100 gal. tank from a guy on the TDS who was delivering RV's, he quite doing that and advertised the tank for $400. Drove 60 miles to buy it from him. Ya shoulda seen him and his wife taking it out of there truck and putting it in mine, still had about 30 gallons in it.:rotflmao:rotflmao. Computerized Tank at that time new, was $1500. :D

https://www.transferflow.com/shop/product/0800114484?p=2&c=10&s=p-

Last edited:

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
I got the 100 gal. tank from a guy on the TDS who was delivering RV's, he quite doing that and advertised the tank for $400. Drove 60 miles to buy it from him. Ya shoulda seen him and his wife taking it out of there truck and putting it in mine, still had about 30 gallons in it.:rotflmao:rotflmao. Computerized Tank at that time new, was $1500. :D

Extra 220 lbs of fuel on top of the tanks weight must've had em guntin and 100$ off the purchase price for you;Sweet well thats Just a plain old good deal.