Track bar, how I hate you so!

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So someone leveled this truck before I bought it, and that raised the front end 2". So now I have a track bar at a gnarly angle to the ground, and it's destroying the bushing with a quickness. I do have intermittent issues with "some" vibration(I've felt the earthquake before, and I don't have it by a long shot), and want to get this squared away as a cause. Alignment and tire balance will follow.

I can't seem to find just a 2" drop bracket for the track bar. Has anyone bothered to straighten their bar out? If so, how?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Sky manufacturing sells an adjustable one. If it was raised some it will be trying to pull the axle to the driver side all the time.you want the track bar the same angle as your draglink

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the head's up. That 2.5" drop is probably close enough for government work. :) I wish these stupid things weren't so expensive though.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same company as the previous post, just on Ebay. Guess I should call them in the morning and get them to send me a 2" ASAP.

ksingltn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same company as the previous post, just on Ebay. Guess I should call them in the morning and get them to send me a 2" ASAP.

Didn't see it before you pointed it out, sorry for the double posting of same stuff.

Mine actually came in a ballistic fab box, so they may be subbing it out to them. I just got tired of hunting a stocker so I just ordered theirs, and was very pleased with it. Probably stronger than the cast factory piece anyway.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That IS news to me. Unfortunately, a quick review of their website shows they do not, themselves, carry that product. No harm done, thanks!

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know I went with the Precision Metal Fab unit. VERY nice piece, HEAVY! 1/4" plate. Didn't even think about it, but will need to get alignment. No shaking, but steering wheel is crooked now! Installed very easy, just make sure to spray it with something unless you like the color of rust, comes Au-natural. Quick shipping too! Took a couple days to get back to me, but they said they could have it out the same day(2.5" version) and it was at my door before I left on the trip.

ksingltn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you had the same great service I did. Now throw your stocker on fleabay and recoup most of your expense

ksingltn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why I went with the pmf one because everyone is buying up the stockers for d50 deletes and they were about the same price so I went new.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know I went with the Precision Metal Fab unit. VERY nice piece, HEAVY! 1/4" plate. Didn't even think about it, but will need to get alignment. No shaking, but steering wheel is crooked now! Installed very easy, just make sure to spray it with something unless you like the color of rust, comes Au-natural. Quick shipping too! Took a couple days to get back to me, but they said they could have it out the same day(2.5" version) and it was at my door before I left on the trip.

And don't have to spray it if you would have asked them to, they would have powder coated it. I had mine with the powder coat and it was something like $12 extra, so not bad at all. Only downside with powder coat is that if your in a hurry it's about 3-5 days turnaround, mine was about 5 days...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726