tps question -91 sub-

rock_doctor

Reaction score
Hi all,

I "tried" to change the throttle body on my 91 suburban (5.7l) with a remanufactured GM unit. Unfortunately, it did not come with directions so i downloaded the ones from Holley hoping that the specs for the tps would be the same as the reman GM tbi i have. Unfortunately, they are not. Does anybody know the proper voltage to set the tps for when the plates are closed (idle screw backed all of the way out)? I have it currently set for .62v with the plates open enough to give a 700rpm idle. With the plates completely closed i can only get .50v.... It runs fine above idle but give me the "jockey trot" at idle. I assume this is due to the tps being out and not the computer relearning the new tbi. I checked for vacuum leaks and the unit was a complete rebuild so all parts were replaced.

The reason i replaced it was when cold the idle was way too fast, 1000-1500 rpm and if you jab the throttle the rpm goes up and holds there for a descent count. When warmed up it ran normal. I assume the iac was not closing completely but since the injectors were leaking i figured i would replace the whole tbi. Thanks, any help is appreciated.

rock_doctor

Reaction score
I'll answer myself, .60v with the plates closed is GMs spec. Just in case somebody else is stuck and also needs this information. The voltage should be stable, if not the tps is bad. The voltage will increase as the throttle is opened.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online