Towed for the first time, learned some things.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath, did you replace your wiring harness?

Yes Sir! What a PITA that was.LOL Thank God Ron had one he was willing to part with. I actually drove the crew cab back to Bowling Green last night. I left the F250 at Dad's shop for a while. I'm taking it down to Cedartown Georgia for a dirt bike trip this weekend. 6 hours down and back should be a good shake down before hauling the camper the next weekend.

Heath

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
You are right with that statement. I took my truck up an 8% grade near Chico and couldn't get it to go any faster than 65mph unloaded lol. N/A idi's seem to pull the best when the rpm's are ski high going up steep grades. Kind of funny that I have to floorboard my truck but my dad can go up the same hills in o/d cranking about 1400 rpm and the truck not even working hard at all LOL. It is interesting when comparing my truck with my dad's. The 6.9 idi is the first diesel that Ford put in their trucks and his is the newest (6.7 powerstroke). Technology has come a long ways over the years that is for sure. Still think mine sounds better ;Sweet.

Now lets see if the 6.7 is still proving itself in 30 years like the 6.9 continues to do....for some reason I doubt it. And I hate to have to admit that to.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now lets see if the 6.7 is still proving itself in 30 years like the 6.9 continues to do....for some reason I doubt it. And I hate to have to admit that to.

I couldn't agree more lol. I don't think today's vehicles would be able to last that long

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just do away with the AC and keep the heater.

That is one way to deal with it, but it wouldn't make my cab any cooler! Haha. The reason I wanted this truck in the first place was toull my family to th campground. That said, my 3 little girls and my wife do not do well in the hot. So, the formula for keeping everyone happy is a nice, cool cabin area to ride in.

I am very familiar with the heater shut off valve, but I have not installed one yet. I have noticed with this truck, I tend to hoard up a big pile of parts and install them all at one time. Keeps me from buying coolant twice....or whatever other excuse I can come up with to go ahead and buy parts now!

Thanks for the encouraging words.
I think my spare engine zis a turbo block. I posted someictures in my other thread about when I pulled the engine. Hoping someone will confirm my serial #'s on the block.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You could also install a firewall insulator from a obs powerstroke.
Keeps a lot of heat at bay, unless you have a leaky shifter boot like me. LOL

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the AC issue, maybe your just a little low on freon, 134A or 12 whatever you have in it. Try throwing a little in it until it frosts on the return low pressure line.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the AC issue, maybe your just a little low on freon, 134A or 12 whatever you have in it. Try throwing a little in it until it frosts on the return low pressure line.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Sir! What a PITA that was.LOL Thank God Ron had one he was willing to part with. I actually drove the crew cab back to Bowling Green last night. I left the F250 at Dad's shop for a while. I'm taking it down to Cedartown Georgia for a dirt bike trip this weekend. 6 hours down and back should be a good shake down before hauling the camper the next weekend.

Heath

heath-
sorry about this being a little late, but I saw this in the towing catalog today.
what's so special about it? each circuit has it's own ATO fuse or you can put in you own thermal resetting ATO circuit breaker.
the late model trucks have this feature to keep the trailer issues isolated away from the harness.

*clicky*

http://www.awdirect.com/10-pole-fused-junction-box-ph3277/new-products-lighting/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk