Tough Choice, Need Thoughts!

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
Happy New Year!

My R-12 is about all leaked, so I buy a good condition intercoolercookoo . My spring project was going to be gut the AC and add IC;Sweet . I visit a friend for X-mas and I tell him of my project. Instead, he gives me 6 lbs. R-12:thumbsup: . Now what to do:confused: ?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
if you dont need the ac, sell the 12 and go farther with your truck. i personally would want both, i hate being hot.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
R 12 is costly now. About $50.00 per lb.... You may need a license to sell it... But wait, you can give it to me and I'll give you something else...:D Actually I have a license to buy and sell it and I mostly buy it on Ebay for anywhere around $7.00 to $10.00 per lb. Some sellers don't know what it really costs. I just bid and buy it. If you try to install it vacuum the system down. All you need for a vacuum pump is an old refrigerator pump and weld or soldier on your fittings. The pumps work great. About 4, 1 lb cans will fill our systems.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year!

My R-12 is about all leaked, so I buy a good condition intercoolercookoo . My spring project was going to be gut the AC and add IC;Sweet . I visit a friend for X-mas and I tell him of my project. Instead, he gives me 6 lbs. R-12:thumbsup: . Now what to do:confused: ?
My sister lives in sliver springs,md and she complains about how muggy it is in the summer. after living through a few TX summers, AC is a necessity. Plus I think I am getting old toocookoo
I am having problems with the R134 converted system in my'92 in remaining happy with my IC, so I would reccomend you to stay with R12 if you can. Pop pressures are alot lower with R12. The Warden just sent me some links to look at that deals with AC matters, I can foward them to you if you like.
Bottom line is my system is working right now, its not as cold as I like it to be, but it has survived a 110deg Kali to TX and back run and the motor didn't melt down from overheating but the fan clutch definitely stayed engaged all afternoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online