Totaled my truck

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! Truck look in great shape. Glad wifey and you came out unscathed.

So can we plan a TC bar b que and group hit the truck to fix it.... I will bring my friendly grillmaster. Like I said long ago... He can grill and shoe and make it taste great. Only weekend we wont be available is thanksgiving....:dunno:D

PAAAARRRR TEEEEEEEEE!!!

So!?!? Can I go too??

Got my new U-haul pump in today... not ready to replace yet, still waiting on olives and window motor to arrive...going to Maui on T-bird thru following week.... how about mid-December??

Too soon??

How about New Years.... good excuse for Tahkillya in greater than moderate quantities?! I can't grill well.... but I can start big fires!

I'll bring the ****** for critiquing and amusement....got a 6 ton bottle with 26" breaker and 27mm(1 1/16" equivalent) deep impact socket on hand too! Just in case someone needs to fix a flat along the way! :rolleyes:

It would be fun to meet some posters.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is this whole insurance stuff is a load of BS :puke: It's just a racket that the state forces you to have insurance, you make your payments and then when something goes wrong you get screwed and without the nice stuff like dinner or lube. :eek:

I can't even finish this thread I am laughing so hard from this! If you lived closer we'd be best friends hhahahaha. So sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you and wife are safe!!!

Also sorry about Geico :(

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about New Years.... good excuse for Tahkillya in greater than moderate quantities?! I can't grill well.... but I can start big fires!
New Years would be perfect for me :angel: but it may be too long for Celt to wait.

Just curious, where in CA are you?

Also sorry about Geico :(
I had decided long ago to never give Geico my business (the endless commercials about how saving money on your car insurance MUST be the most important thing in your life have annoyed me to the point where I decided they don't need my money), but this thread added cast-iron to that decision...the Gecko can go F4 himself!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a busy day with the shop, so the update is a little late. Yes, like 4am PST late.:eek:
overall, disconnected the rest of the truck's electrical system from the batteries in order to get the batteries warmed up with the slow charger. took 2days to get the charging levels brought back up. we're now at 12.9 resting voltage;Sweet but with any advancements, there are always minor setbacks. this one happened while "bumping" the starter. motor is currently hydrolocked. gonnna have to wait until the weekend for a closer look. here's a few more detail pics of the damaged components on the truck....

Attachments

• SL375075.JPG
    SL375075.JPG
    290.3 KB · Views: 25
  • SL375076.JPG
    SL375076.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 19
  • SL375077.JPG
    SL375077.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 14
  • SL375088.JPG
    SL375088.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 13

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Years would be perfect for me :angel: but it may be too long for Celt to wait.

Just curious, where in CA are you?

What's up with the Celt??

Did he run out of his own home fixin's?? Any "good" Celt would have a good stash of mead and other strong grain made fluids under the floor boards. :sly

San Dawg is the place of my abode and business.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this turns into a gathering let me know. I can grill like a ****. Towcats buddy Mike is better but I can get er done.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I look at that truck, the better it looks in comparison to mine.

I hope everything works out for you Celt. It's still a nice truck.

Hydrolock has me a bit concerned though. Did a radiator hose give up the ghost and spray into the intake?? Oil into an exhaust valve when sideways? Can't imagine a head gasket bleeding on such a light roll. Maybe the lack of oil pumping when it went over and still running killed a cylinder?

Hmmmm.... the suspense is killing me.

No matter what, I can't help but think if that was me and family in that scenario. Glad you guys are well.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IT RUNS!!!!!!!

well....good news! the hydrolock occurred on two driver's side cylinders and partially on the rear passenger side cylinder. pulled the GP's to turn over the motor and clear out the fluids. what a mess!. started around 7pm and finished not too long ago. the GP under the ATS turbo is a real PITA to remove:backoff:backoff:backoff:backoff. didn't help with the "custom" spade terminals either. irregardless, got most of the oil out of where it shouldn't be, so the smoke is minimal now.
Time for Kilted Celt to make some tough decisions.:eek::eek:

Attachments

• SL375093.JPG
    SL375093.JPG
    290.3 KB · Views: 16
  • SL375094.JPG
    SL375094.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 18
  • SL375097.JPG
    SL375097.JPG
    289.2 KB · Views: 21
  • SL375096.JPG
    SL375096.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 18
  • SL375098.JPG
    SL375098.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 16
  • SL375099.JPG
    SL375099.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 15
  • SL375101.JPG
    SL375101.JPG
    294.3 KB · Views: 24
  • SL375104.JPG
    SL375104.JPG
    289.7 KB · Views: 28
  • SL375106.JPG
    SL375106.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 13

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
found a F250sc gasser for a donor truck. will go check out later on in the morning.
i have a pair of doors(drivers side front&rear) in inventory, but no good fender or bed in white.
local wrecking yard wants $750 for a bed.-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss

Attachments

• 90f250sc.jpg
    90f250sc.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 22

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
What's up with the Celt??

Did he run out of his own home fixin's?? Any "good" Celt would have a good stash of mead and other strong grain made fluids under the floor boards. :sly

San Dawg is the place of my abode and business.

I have mead, I also make drinking horns and many other hand crafted goods.

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
well....good news! the hydrolock occurred on two driver's side cylinders and partially on the rear passenger side cylinder. pulled the GP's to turn over the motor and clear out the fluids. what a mess!. started around 7pm and finished not too long ago. the GP under the ATS turbo is a real PITA to remove:backoff:backoff:backoff:backoff. didn't help with the "custom" spade terminals either. irregardless, got most of the oil out of where it shouldn't be, so the smoke is minimal now.
Time for Kilted Celt to make some tough decisions.:eek::eek:

:hail Truly a master Towcat :hail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer

Members online