Totaled my truck(pics) What should I do?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a clean title in hand. the body is actually fairly straight, one fender is a little bent up. is an good running truck, IFS, wouldnt really want to rip the thing apart. but if you have a supercab long bed frame and D60 front ill trade straight across.
i think we have a misunderstanding. if you want to pull the powertrain apart, have at it. my interest in the truck lies with the cab, completeness of the interior and the bed. if there is a semblence of a rear axle to keep the bed from getting tore up, that would be even better. I have the parts to make it whole again.

Wood

Reaction score
i think we have a misunderstanding. if you want to pull the powertrain apart, have at it. my interest in the truck lies with the cab, completeness of the interior and the bed. if there is a semblence of a rear axle to keep the bed from getting tore up, that would be even better. I have the parts to make it whole again.

oh oh im sorry. thought you were talking about my chevy for some reason. do you wanna pm me? i can get you some specific pictures of the cab and parts your interested in. then make an offer. your not interested in trans and transfer case? just cab/bed mainly.

if we cant make a deal that way i would love to buy that frame off you.

Wood

Reaction score
Few more pictures for amusement. its worse than i thought, frame is like horseshoed. bent under the cab, cab is a little dented right on the cowl where passenger fender pushed into it. Motor still looks okay, timing cover/water pump looks good still. starter, trans and transfer case. gonna sell my blue chevy then go from there. found a powerstroke in my area for 2k with a blown trans.

You must be registered for see images attach

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is a real shame, looks like it was a nice truck
if you were closer there would be one more vulture over head.....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh oh im sorry. thought you were talking about my chevy for some reason. do you wanna pm me? i can get you some specific pictures of the cab and parts your interested in. then make an offer. your not interested in trans and transfer case? just cab/bed mainly.

if we cant make a deal that way i would love to buy that frame off you.
i'm waiting on a response right now on a truck in Arcata. we'll see what happens. if it falls through, I'll drop you a pm.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a front clip that looks just like that paint scheme. If you were closer and the cab a 4 door I would buy it.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The picture of the other vehicle show how strong and safe newer vehicles are. From the pictures I have seen, the idi took more frame damage than the suv.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
safer yes, stronger no. Newer vehicles transfer the energy from a crash around the passenger compartment and have designed crumple zones. While the Honda looks more intact the whole uni-body is tweaked. It also appears that the Honda hit the center of the truck at about a 45-60 degree angle between the frame rails which put lateral force on one side of the frame of the truck causing it to snap at the weakest point of the frame when lateral force is applied, where the rivets are for the cross member

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Crv is done for. It'll never be on the road again. Well unless it's some illegal immigrant....

I once rear ended a Hyundai elantra, with my 79 chevy c30. It was pretty new, maybe brand new. (Just two years ago) She just got her license a few weeks before. Well she decided to make a left turn right in front of me, no turn signal or anything, (She was also on the phone) Just slam on the brakes. (Moving 45mph) I locked up mine (mistake) and tried swerving around her into the ditch. From where I hit her, I had very minimal damage. But she was pushed into the other lane where a 02 z71 hit her head on, then she bounced back into my driver side door, which bent up the door and pushed in the cab a little. Her car was way beyond repair. The 02 z71 was totaled also. Ripped off his front driver side wheel assembly.

I drove home, and continued driving it for awhile, until I decided to part it out.

Derail over. Just wanted to give more proof.

Wood

Reaction score
the honda was wrinkled all the way around.

reason i have sooo much damage is i was going like 5-10 mph, her 50+ and she just caught the front passenger corner, then all the momentum on her part just did lots of damage. all the airbags deployed in her car. had i been in my s10 i probably would have been injured. the truck would of ****** MUCH more violently, it didnt ONLY because the truck weighs 6000 lbs.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the honda was wrinkled all the way around.

reason i have sooo much damage is i was going like 5-10 mph, her 50+ and she just caught the front passenger corner, then all the momentum on her part just did lots of damage. all the airbags deployed in her car. had i been in my s10 i probably would have been injured. the truck would of ****** MUCH more violently, it didnt ONLY because the truck weighs 6000 lbs.

owww.
betcha you had aches and pains in places you wouldn't have imagined the next day.
just an update....
The Arcata deal is on hold until he gets back on monday. he's sending more pics then.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Newer cars are safer because they're designed to take all the damage before it reaches the occupants. They're disposable. Wreck it and walk away.