Torque Converter?

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello i believe my torque converter is starting to slip noticeably. I got the blinking OD button the other day when i changed the tranny gasket but i also think i added to much ATF. I cleared the code and let a lot of tranny fluid out and hasn't done it in the last 100 miles. But i do know that that code will come on if it senses slipping. I am looking in the 400 dollar range and was wondering what you guys thought were the better ones in that price range. Please drop some knowledge on me. I was also reading that doing one on a 2wd drive isn't so bad. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again guys!

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what code. Just the blinking OD button and hard shifts. I took off both batterys and connected them again after taking out some atf and it went away.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
If you over fill the tranny the fluid will foam causing a slip issue. This will cause damage to the unit.

Check the fluid on level ground. engine hot at idle. If the OD OFF light flashes again, pull the codes.

Dieing converters will make excessive heat. As they get worse you will hear a can of rocks sound. Chatter if the OD clutch is frying.
You will find metalic particles in the fluid. :eek:

You can check this guy.

www.racerxusa.com