Toasted C-6 or maybe C-6 toast???

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Ok It makes funny noises in drive, kind of like sticking a screwdriver in a fan? I guess it ran low on fluid? so do I call it toast or drive it (it shakes and klunks) until it is toast?:D

sootman73

Reaction score
sounds like you burnt up ur converter. my e4od did the same thing when i overheated it. started clicking early in the morning and i drove only another 15 miles before i stopped. i pulled the converter and it sounded like a bunch of nuts and bolts in an empty metal toolbox when you shook it. put a new one in and i haven't had any problems.(well with the TC anyway) nothing that has has left me stranded.

dont drive because the rest of the tranny may be fine. replace the TC, filter and clean out the pan. blow out the cooler lines real well and you should be set to go again! that is if not too much stuff got into the rest of the tranny.

cgraham

Reaction score
Mine makes noise in reverse. Sounds like it's grinding a little, but only when I'm backing up a steep hill or when my truck is loaded down. I hate autos so it's just one more reason to slap a 5 speed in it.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
sounds like you burnt up ur converter. my e4od did the same thing when i overheated it. started clicking early in the morning and i drove only another 15 miles before i stopped. i pulled the converter and it sounded like a bunch of nuts and bolts in an empty metal toolbox when you shook it. put a new one in and i haven't had any problems.(well with the TC anyway) nothing that has has left me stranded.

dont drive because the rest of the tranny may be fine. replace the TC, filter and clean out the pan. blow out the cooler lines real well and you should be set to go again! that is if not too much stuff got into the rest of the tranny.
just what I wanted to hear:puke:

Mine makes noise in reverse. Sounds like it's grinding a little, but only when I'm backing up a steep hill or when my truck is loaded down. I hate autos so it's just one more reason to slap a 5 speed in it.
I've got the Zf5 and all the parts to do it. anybody upfor a cab swap party? I'm near the beach.... Hey Geo want to go to the beach???:D;Sweet;Really

sootman73

Reaction score
well at least ur keepin ur sense of humor. i wasn't the same when my truck was down. i got a NEW converter the next day for $250 had it swapped in two days.(with some help)

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
$250? Well i've got my filter and ordered the extra filter for the tranny lines I guess I need to get the other rad installed so I'll go tranny, rad cooler, extra cooler, filter then back to tranny?:confused:

well maybe it's time to buy a new truck?;Sweet

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Well I changed the filter ( or should I say the wire screen?) lots of small metal flakes and some dust or dirty muck? didn't seem to help it moves but when I first put it in gear it sounds funny? I guess it is time to park it and swap cabs?