Tires

IH444t

Reaction score
My truck is 2wd. what tires do you guys recommend as in size and brand, what brand has worked best for you

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Yokohama tires on all my trucks. As for size I stick with stock on my dually and I run 33x12.50x16 on my Dodge. This topic is just like an oil/fuel additive thread, your going to get lots of deferent opinions.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
If you want long life and high quality buy Michelin's. But they are not cheap. The XPS RIB Michelin's you will get 100,000 out of them miles easily. I got 110,00 out of a set on the front of a 92 superduty wrecker that weight 11500 ibs empty.
I prefer the Michelin LTX they are cheaper than the XPS and I get 65-70,000 out of them. Traction is good and Michelins almost always use less weight to balance than any other brand.

Last edited:

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Depends what you want to do, the skinny tires will do better in the mileage dept and tend to handle snow better. The wider tires will give your more foot print in other situations.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would stock with a skinny tire on a 2wd, unless you find yourself off road a fair amount. However, in my experience a diesel 2wd pickup is fairly hapless off road anyways. Again, that's my opinion.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Reaction score
I run the stock 235/85/16 on mine. On the stock steelies they looked skinny, but then I switched to a set of Alcoas off a OBS. The wheel is .5" wider, so it stretches them out just a bit more. Gives it a nice stance, IMHO. No sense in pushing wider rubber if you don't need it, and since I don't tow anything heavy or head off-road, I don't.

As for tires, I have a set of Cooper Discoverer HTs on mine. They're pretty inexpensive and available at Discount Tire all day long. Wear, tracking, and noise is all fine. Handling is....wait, handling? On this ol' truck? Lol.

Mike