Timing Prices

DieselChemist

Reaction score
How much do you guys normally pay to have your trucks timed? A guy quoted me $150 to test the IP and time the truck. Injectors are $9 to get tested. $26 if they need to be replaced (reman). This is directly from Midwest Fuel Injection (MWFI). Does anybody know of a good place to go in the Chicagoland Area?
Thanks
Bill

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down here they will test an injector free if you take it out. I had Mel time my truck so that was free as well.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
wjbehof said:
How much do you guys normally pay to have your trucks timed? A guy quoted me $150 to test the IP and time the truck. Injectors are $9 to get tested. $26 if they need to be replaced (reman). This is directly from Midwest Fuel Injection (MWFI). Does anybody know of a good place to go in the Chicagoland Area?
Thanks
Bill

That's about the same as it costs to have an IP tested and timed at Central Motive Power here in Albuquerque. You can start to see the benefit of having a pulse/lumy timer at those prices. Worse yet, there aren't too many shops around anymore that even have the right tools. Everything is plug and play these days.

Tom

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actually watching a Rotunda injector tester on Ebay right now. I figure as long as I am going to own one I might as well be able to work on it.