Throttle loss when engine is warm

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was the fuel pressure while driving? Sounds like it’s running out of fuel or getting air.

Steven Walker

Reaction score
I looked at it and it was around 5 psi I believe.... I think it's the original lift pump but I'm not for certain.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to be certain on the fuel pressure, the port you have it at will read pre filter, so if your fuel filter is plugged it will read higher pressure even though there’s actually less fuel getting to the injection pump.

Move the sensor into the rear most port on the filter head to get post filter pressure readings

Install a clear line before or after the injection pump and look for bubbles

Replace the fuel filter with a new one piece unit, and fill with atf on install

Put a bleed valve back into its original port on the filter head

Steven Walker

Reaction score
You need to be certain on the fuel pressure, the port you have it at will read pre filter, so if your fuel filter is plugged it will read higher pressure even though there’s actually less fuel getting to the injection pump.

Move the sensor into the rear most port on the filter head to get post filter pressure readings

What kind of clear line should I get?

Steven Walker

Reaction score
This is where I have the fuel gauge sensor at currently.

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I would put the gage sender where that return line is, put the Schrader valve back in, and plug the return line.

Just my opinion, if Thewespaul says different take his word over mine!

Steven Walker

Reaction score

By the way, I'm exerting my own ignorance so I apologize in advance but what is the purpose of filling the filter with atf?

Steven Walker

Reaction score
I put some diesel extreme by hot shots secret in there right now. I like both hot shots and stanadynes additives so this time I figured I'd give hot shots a go

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing - If it only does it when warm, try using a jumper wire to jump the two top terminals on the IP together(rear = cold advance, front = fuel shutoff). If the return is clogged or keeping too much pressure inside, you can definitely have no power and dying.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I put some diesel extreme by hot shots secret in there right now. I like both hot shots and stanadynes additives so this time I figured I'd give hot shots a go
While this may not help your situation, you sure won't go wrong with either one of those additives. One more thing, even with a water seperater filter (or the stock set up for that matter) there should never be anything leaking out of the bottom of the filter. It doesn't matter who may have told you differently. Fuel or water leaking out the bottom, will probably allow air to get in while it's running and will drain the filter when it's sitting. Maybe overnight, maybe longer, but it will happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726