Throttle cable part number?

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a hell of a time finding a part number for a throttle cable. Ive got an 88 f250 with 7.3 w/cruise control. Does anyone know the correct search words or a part number?

Black dawg

Reaction score
The aftermarket cables are a pos......try to get one from ford first.

Anything from wrong lengths..... not getting full throttle...... to just falling apart.....too much internal friction causing a really hard to push pedal. I have used some in a pinch, and they ALWAYS come back.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
The aftermarket cables are a pos......try to get one from ford first.

Anything from wrong lengths..... not getting full throttle...... to just falling apart.....too much internal friction causing a really hard to push pedal. I have used some in a pinch, and they ALWAYS come back.

yep, got burned by that one, tossed the $16 autozone one and bit the bullet for a Ford cable. i was loosing significant throttle movement and it was not the same quality.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a part store one in my 92 and it was a chore to push the throttle down. Every, single, time.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My aftermarket one lasted almost two years. Hold on and I can probably get you the part number I used on my 91....

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,, I grabed one from O'r it fit and gave me full throttle. Stiff? Yes it is, but the old one was fairly stiff. If I have any issue it'll get OEM next time. Need the truck today, my Dainiff got snipped to day and there is no way I'm loading him into my girlfriends k2500 with 9 inches of lift. Lol thank you guys for the help and advise.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for trucks, but not vans unfortunately. Van ones are about 2 inches longer. You would think the same or shorter with the engine part way into the cab. The site doesn't seem to have an 85 van one. Aftermarket is probably the only option.

Well the PO asked for a truck. I'll do some looking and see if I come up with a van part number.