Thread size on top of injectors?

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a new injector that a prior owner screwed the threads up on the top. Anyone know the right sizr die to use to clean them up? Thanks, Dan

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to rethread one of my injectors. Try to match up a tap as best as you can with the threads. I think it was 3/8 and I don't remember how many threads / inch, it was a while ago

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
thread sizes

OK, this is only a preliminary report. I have done a little looking for the thread size for injectors, and have come up with two different responses. Which means that I will have to pull one off one of my trucks and report the truth tomorrow or Monday. The two sizes given were:7/8-14 or 24mm-2-6g. The metric size makes no sense at all, probably someone reading the wrong info for the pitch.

The glow plugs I do know are metric threads. M10-1. That is very close to 3/8 inch, but not.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The injector body to cylinder head threads size is 24mm x 2.0. I'm still looking for the hard line thread size....The glow plug thread size is as posted above...Ok... I found it.... Its a 12x1.5mm thread

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
threads

Dang! And I went to work today to take out an injector to find it out. I should have called you, Gary. Figured you would have the answer.

Ok, now why were our trucks so schizophrenic about metric vs. english threads? We have to lug around two whole sets of wrenches just to work on them. Sheesh.

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys! Got it fixed. What's the screw on extension on the number one injector?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin