thought some of yall might like this! not mine

sassyrel

Reaction score
thats what ive heard also, i know on powerstroke they have been responsible for dusting turbos and engines

since not many of yous!!! have been on the site most of us came from--the horror stories of k&n's over there--would scare the beejebus out of you!!!! the actual flow diff between a new k&n,,and a new paper air filter--is actually less,,than 1%!!! think its worth it????? this by a independent test lab--NOT K&N's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what brand do you think dusted my perfectly good turbo idi?????????-cuss-cuss-cuss go ahead and run one---------

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
I know a few people around here with turbo's and k&n's that have never had any problem. I even know a guy that never oils his filter, cleans it sprays the **** out of it with the air compressor then slaps it back in w/o any chance to really dry. Runs it in a 01 7.3 with a 50 somethin millimeter turbo that pushes upwards of 50 psi. No problems... I know everyone on here is out to help each other, I have received help multiple times and greatly appreciate it but I'll take real life examples over hearsay from the internet...

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I can't find the paper filter for the van IDI anymore so I've resorted to K&N. The truck filters are apparently an inch or so taller than the van filters. I got a truck paper filter and tried it but then I couldn't close my air filter housing.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
I have a buddy of mine that bought a 94 idit crew cab with a k&n filter in it and it sucked it through the turbo and destroyed it about 3 months after he had it and it was a new filter right before he got it. I will never run one on my turbo truck , but i will put one on a N/A motor they just don't suck as much.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
since I'm gonna make a custom intake and run a cylindrical filter the issue of gettin sucked in should solve itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert