this 'stat wont get hot enough

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it get cold enough that after driving down the highway and getting up to 180F, I stop at a stoplight and watch the temps drop... Only on the coldest days of the year.

I just add a piece of cardboard for the coldest months. Or, you can go for the 'winter front' or 'bra', which my truck had at some time in the past(as the snaps are still there on the grill).

Also, IMHO, I've had multiple engines and over multiple years... I've noticed no difference in cold-weather warmup between before and after I removed the checkball(which I do eventually on all my rigs, when I go in and replace the thermostat).

As for heat... remember that timing will affect it. 'optimal' timing using less fuel will also make less heat. Advance it a bit, and you'll make more heat as you use more fuel.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also know a guy who claimed that his heater wouldn't put out any heat until he turned the fuel up. After that, he said that the heater worked fine. I guess strange things do happen and can only give my personal experience.:dunno

Had a guy I worked with, had a original 94 turbo idi in a f350. He had the pump rebuilt and the rebuilder "turned it up" before he put it back on the truck. It smoked pretty bad.

He wanted me to turn it back a little bit. Turned it back 2 flats, that was too much, so turned it back up one flat. He was happy with it, except he noticed it took longer now for the cab to get warm the heater did not have the output like it did before when it was turned up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online