This needs an IDI

terryh

Reaction score
Yes it does! It looks like a crewcab longbed was available from the factory in '76. It makes me wish I had room for another truck.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Appears like a time capsule from 76. Probably never saw rain or snow either....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Very possible Al.. The owner probably had a beater he drove in the winter cause this one looks like it never left the garage in bad weather.... This would be an outside truck down here year round too...:eek::D

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how many farmers in Alberta keep their pet trucks in a barn. Still a few nice ones to be found out there. I'm working in AB right now but getting out that far would be a challenge.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another couple:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...50-XLT-Lariat-Pickup-Truck-W0QQAdIdZ535569975
You must be registered for see images attach

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...al-Pickup-Truck-nice-shape-W0QQAdIdZ537802318
You must be registered for see images attach

Not as nice as teh 76, but at least those have price tags the sellers are willing to share.

Saw a really nice 86 diesel absolutely identical to mine a few weeks back (only without the rust). Guy wanted $800 because the steering column locked up on him. Sold it before I could get out there with a tow bar...

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iirc those 4 doors were only available from the factory in 2wd.one of the 4x4 mags did a story on one and that i remember.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Is it just me or does that truck look like its bowing a little too much towards the center?

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Iirc those 4 doors were only available from the factory in 2wd.one of the 4x4 mags did a story on one and that i remember.

'76-'77 You could get a Supercab or Crew Cab 4x4, '75 and earlier no 4x4 only on reg cab trucks (not sure what year they started with the bigger cabs, '73 maybe?). Not a quick easy change to 4x4 though as on these trucks the 2wd and 4x4 frames are different width. Requires some fabrication no amtter which way you go unless you get lucky and find a '76-'77 SC or CC 4x4.

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could just been restored my uncle restored like 20 of these trucks to show room quality...

my dad has a 77 he picked up from my uncle thats a 2 door 4x4 with a 460

my dads needs new paint cuz it sat outside for 10 years and the paint baked... but other then paint its not rusted and the interior is in perfect condition

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew about the factory availability of a crewcab with or without 4x4 during the 70s but so far they have all been with a shortbox. Up to now I assumed that anytime I saw a crewcab AND longbox on a 70s ford, it must have been a custom job. Guess I was wrong. I sent an inquiry asking what the price is. Curiosity got the better of me.:D

To be honest, I wouldn't even want to convert a truck like that to 4wd. Maybe an LSD or locker if it were mine, but other then that I'd just use it as a summer cruiser (crickey, even the bed is clean!). Converting to a turbo diesel IDI would still be on the table though.
I wonder what power plant it has in it right now.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's funny *****.....never seen snow...in Canada you say....buwaha ha ha ha...

Yep, theres def snow in AB, but maybe the lack of mountains helped keep this truck pristine lol

In all seriousness tho its really nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online