thinking of redoing the clutch

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I swapped in the zf a little over a month ago and put in a used stock clutch and dual mass flywheel. It has worked and the truck moves but I have always had to floor the clutch pedal to be sure of a seamless shift. I was never sure if it was the tranny internals or the clutch going. I think I want to upgrade to the single mass flywheel and an luk clutch but I have heard horror stories about the noise and vibration.

Any ideas what to get and where to get the needed components.

thanks,
R. Justin

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I swapped in the zf a little over a month ago and put in a used stock clutch and dual mass flywheel. It has worked and the truck moves but I have always had to floor the clutch pedal to be sure of a seamless shift. I was never sure if it was the tranny internals or the clutch going. I think I want to upgrade to the single mass flywheel and an luk clutch but I have heard horror stories about the noise and vibration.

Any ideas what to get and where to get the needed components.

thanks,
R. Justin

You can buy it from luk for about $580 to Your door or buy it from Me with just over 20k miles complete for $250 :D .

The vibration is only at low rpm but it goes away after You start driving, then the rest depends on Your transmission, every tranny is different but one thing is for sure, it won't destroy it.