The F350

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
none were ever offered from the factory with 4x4 however there where quite a few aftermarket companies converting them, we had a 96 F-superduty wrecker at the place i used to work and it was 4x4,i dont remember what the badges said under the stock badges pertaining to the company that converted though .That truck got stolen a few years back and never found! however nice find indeed, i am so jealous !!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the nose on that truck has been swapped to the newer nose.you can tell by the top of the fender wher it meets the windshield post.

well.. the truck i got my d60 out from under was an 88 idi with f super duty springs that had factory rivets. so it mustve been a super duty truck, maybe somebody added the 60 front? both axles were 8 lug.. maybe they switched out the rear axle too, i dunno. it looked like a typical ext cab long bed idi. but those hangers were definitely riveted on. actually was a 10 leaf pack, not an 8 like my f super duty springs. i dont know what to make of it. the badges were taken off the fenders already. i hope its there next time i am though, i'll do a little more digging and figure out what exactly it is.

the rear spring hangers were never riveted on the super duties.they were bolted on.stock spring packs on a SD were 5 leaves and a single helper spring all in one pack IIRC.and the HD spring pack for them was the same amount of leaves but each leaf was as thick as 2 stock leaves.

and trust me you dont want to ride in one with the HD springs and multi leaf helper

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
yeah, i took the hangers when i got my springs in a junkyard and they were bolted on. but these were the same heavy duty hangers but riveted.. i dont know what to make of it. and my springs were 8 leafs with a 3 leaf overload pack on top. mine are also only slightly thicker than the springs that were under my f250.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online