The darkside calls....I might be a goat boy too...

Conn

Offroad Jeep Dude
Reaction score
;Really ;Really ;Really

Test drove a 24 valve today and it made my mouth water. Will probably go buy it on monday and trade in the old IDI. They're going to give me 6k for it :thumbsup: and it's the cheapest, low mileage goat around.

Thanks for all the help over the past 1.5 years.

See ya'll in the dodge forums!

Conn

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not keep the IDI alongside the 24 valve?

Just an idea...one of my dreams is to get hold of a '97 or so 12 valve (although it'll be to complement, NOT replace my IDI), so no swonking from me...

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Well there comes to a time a person has to upgrade in trucks these old trucks don't last forever. Old IDIs will be harder and harder to get parts for I know when I go into the local Ford dealer for parts the parts guy behind the counter gives me a blank stare when I want parts cookoo

I'am looking at the darkside too not Dodge or Chev but looking at PSD trucks any trucks with IDI power are worn out. I'am also looking for more power the IDIs are a little underpowered I had about 800lbs on the truck the other day and I noticed it :eek:

Too bad your going to Dodge :puke: but thats your choice ;Really

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Great distrubance in the force I feal.Jedi faltering the seam.Must act or all could be lost.....FIIIIZZZZUUUUUU........SWONK SWONK.....SWONK SWONK SWONK.......KNOWS SWONK.....SWONK.....ZZZZUUUUWWWWW.

killerdiesel

Reaction score
cat or psd

I've heard rumblings in the force that in a couple of years ford plans on a cat diesel to replace the psd. don't know how true that is but it will be interesting. :rolleyes

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
killerdiesel said:
I've heard rumblings in the force that in a couple of years ford plans on a cat diesel to replace the psd. don't know how true that is but it will be interesting. :rolleyes

I doubt that...I've heard from quite a few people that Caterpillar specifically wants to stay OUT of the pickup diesel market...

Conn

Offroad Jeep Dude
Reaction score
figures, i'd be trading the old IDI in tomorrow.....AND THE FRIGGIN' VACCUM PUMP BITES THE DUST.

Man. Brakes went south pulling 6000 lbs this afternoon. Stupid vaccum pumps. Why couldn't we have hydroboost?

Another $100 burnt.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
All you don't want is something major to go wrong like the transmission. Just think its one of the reasons why you want a newer truck atleast the new truck won't become a -Deadhorse so soon.

I never had a truck with a vacuum pump I really don't like the idea if the pump goes no brakes. The one thing about hydroboost is the booster can leak fluid and you still have brakes. You can tell when a P/S pump is starting to go when it gets the Ford pump whine.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather see you get a PSD. At least the money stays at home. cookoo

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I'd rather see you get a PSD. At least the money stays at home. cookoo
At least the $$ goes to a country that actually trades with us reasonably evenly, as opposed to one that treats us like an oversized colony...

:)

*flame suit on*

Conn

Offroad Jeep Dude
Reaction score
BAAAAAA BAAAAAA

I joined the "goat" club too. Picked up the truck this morning on my way into work. Anyone want to buy some Texas style "Cattle Killer" brush guards and side steps? These things are U-G-L-Y....hahahah

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
argve said:
So you got pictures????

You know the drill - you've been around the block to know this was coming...

I figger in about another 100,000 miles I'll be parting with my IDI. Gotta get some value out of the things I've done to her first...

A Dodge/Cummins is definitely on the table for me. Buying new, not used... nickled and dimed too much on this IDI to EVER buy a used truck again. And have learned how hard it'll be to get her where I want her.

I've enjoyed the ride, and like the truck well enough... but think that OLD trucks just have too much ready to go wrong and NEW trucks have been abused by folks who have "some reason" to sell them.

On edit: After looking out the window, maybe I'll just be doing a Cummins Conversion if the ins. co. will be nice.

Last edited:

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Good luck with the goat boy truck you should have quite a few trouble free years with it unless one of those years that eats lift pumps LOL

Once you have gone to something new you never want to go back to the old junk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online