The 500$ 89 F-250. To E40d Or not too! A few pictures....

ken74amx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the diesel uses one but the kick down is probably out of adjustment. It should be adjusted with throttle wide open and with the kick down as far as it will go. Also a lot of the vacuum modulators are adjustable and that could be causing your early shift.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
zf5 it is!!!! Can i keep 4x4 with the manual?
Yes; just make sure you find a 4x4 transmission. You'll need the transmission, pedal set, clutch hydraulics, and you may need to resize your driveshafts (I know the 2WD C6 and ZF are different lengths; don't know about the 4x4 variants, but I can tell you that a 4x4 T-19 and ZF are the same length :dunno ), but it should be pretty straightforward.

As others have said, the E4DOA's more of a pain than it's worth. The C6 is pretty bulletproof, but especially if you spend a lot of time on the highway, it's not the most efficient animal out there. It's possible to build an E4DOA to be bulletproof, but it isn't cheap...IMHO you're money ahead with the ZF ;Sweet I'm a big fan of the single-mass flywheel setup; makes life much easier...

sassyrel

Reaction score
It tows a few times a month, Nothing ever too heavy. Id say max trailer weight is 4500-6000 Lb's. Its geared with 4.10's as it sits. Top speed is 65mph at 2500 Rpm's. Needless to say it doesnt go very fast. But im okay with that. Averaging about 13 MPG

as soon as you are able to turn on pm's, please do..sounds like you may have nicked the seal in the direct clutch....thats why reverse is funky also. the direct clutch is on, in 3rd gear,,and reverse..did you put in a shift kit,,when you rebuilt it??

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow.. You have so many ways to fix this.. Its amazing how well this forum knows the C6. Sorry I can't add anything to help you but the cheap easy things are the vrv adjustment and the modulater items. Please post back what you find is the fix. Others like myself can learn form your repairs.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VRV adjustment.

Sure wish someone could fix this picture uploading, beginning to be a pain in the a$$.

Attachments

• C-6 Auto Trans..jpg
    C-6 Auto Trans..jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.