Temperature gauge and missing Issue

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been awhile guys. Had a weird problem this weekend. Factory temp gauge was pegged at hot which brought on the engine light. The after market gauge showed normal temp bewtween 180-190. After market sensor is installed in top of water pump.

I checked under teh hood. No sign of leak. Water level fine.No water blowing off from overheating. No smell of hot engine. I'm thinking its the guage or sensor. I think the sensor is in teh left front head. Is that correct?

Ran around all dau no problems. Heaind up the highway doing about 70 when it lost power and was missing. limped home. I'm going to put a filter on it tonight and see if it fixes it. Same thing happened last year. Can't believe filters are getting dirty so quickly. A filter used to last a couple of years, and certainly didn't just crap out.

As always love to hear your advise.

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the miss was the filter. Good thing. Still haven't looked at the temp thing. Found fuel coming out of the fuel heater plug at top. I saw some info that there is an o-ring that can be replaced for that. Going to give it a try.

Here's something I don't understand. I have an E pump to make changing filter easier. So I put the filter on and didn't prefill as I used to. Took schraeder out of filter bleeder and put plastic tube on it. Turned on E pump and got straight fuel. I thought it was too fast so I put my thumb over end of tube for a few seconds then let it run again. I would get a load of bubbles when I did that. I did this a few times and ran nearly a gallon of fuel through. Started it and it ran and quickly died. I had to crack a couple of lines and then it started up.

Any idea why the fuel isn't bleeding out of the filter but runs clear? This happened to me last time a filter clogged, but I thought I had just run th IP dry when I was trying to get off road while towing.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The schrader valve is where the fuel is bled from but.. If you remove the vacuum sender on the other side of the filter you might get all the trapped air out of that side easier. The vacuum sender on the other side of the filter head is the side that goes to the injection pump.

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll give it a try next time, but you would think the "BLEEDER" would be the way. Know what I mean?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online