Tachometer adjustment ?

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing in some random thread that there was a way to adjust the tach? There is this white potentiometer? On abck of the tach is this an adjustment ?

My tach just goes nuts when wide open and pegs 4500rpm.... Tach sensor is new, and the gear is good in shape. Wiring seems okay ? Everything else works perfect.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

smithman

Reaction score
Check the sensor itself on the engine.
Mine had frayed leads and sometimes went to 0RPM, even with no actual engine RPM change

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the sensor itself on the engine.
Mine had frayed leads and sometimes went to 0RPM, even with no actual engine RPM change
Brand New and everything is good. No gunk on the magnet either. The whole harness as far as I can tell is clean.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be worth trying to pull the cluster display to inspect the wiring and primarily the contacts of the main connector. They can get corroded sometimes and cause strange problems.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be worth trying to pull the cluster display to inspect the wiring and primarily the contacts of the main connector. They can get corroded sometimes and cause strange problems.
The plastic mother board thing is all corroded but I can't seem to find a replacement online, everything else is great... I might have to test traces with resistance.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's where I would start. And check to see that at least one post on the back of the tach has a strong ground connection.
Didn't think of that I may run a jumper to a good ground and see if it makes it better. I'm driving with the front of cluster off right now as k was adjusting the speedo calibration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online