T-case Leak??????

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last couple of weaks i've notice oil under the truck. I just though it was the oil filter coming loose. It happened before. well it has gotten worse so i just slide under there and it looks like it's leaking from the T-case where the front D-line comes out. Atleast thats the side the mojoriaty of the oil is. The oil looks clean and smells like gear oil. Any Ideas where it could be coming from? How hard to fix.

Do you think i could get some type of stop leak, and stop it?

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kris

Normally the t-case has Automatic trans fluid in it. It should be red, and have a distinct smell that is different from gear oil. If it's on the front of the t-case, it could be coming from the engine or trans(in front) and getting blown back there. Unless you use the front shaft a lot, it's rare to have a leaking seal there, more likely to show up on the rear one.

I'd double check the colour/smell, wipe the area dry, and see if it shows up again.

zigg :)

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like it coming from the front. My guess is the Trans is leaking out of the back somewhere. The oil looks pretty clean, and still smells like gear oil kind of like BO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828