T-19 swap/rebuild/overhaul...

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
ok for those of you following i'm putting a 6.9L diesel in my scout. i'm taking the 2wd ford t-19 and putting the 4wd IH t-19 tailshaft in it. it doesn't seem too terrible to do (without the proper pliers it's a little aggravating...) i have both the front shafts tapped out (fun stuff especially when all the bearings fall out ) the clip is off the front of the IH t-19 mainshaft and a few gears slide forward but i think there's another clip, i can see one a few gears back but there's something over it and i don't think i can reach it. anybody have any t-19 rebuild instructions? and should i get a overhaul kit for it or just a gasket kit? i mean i'm in there, but if nothing looks bad should i even bother?

Thanks!!
-Jon

Attachments

• t-19.gif
    t-19.gif
    9 KB · Views: 12

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
the big bearing on the top shaft went bad in mine ,(T19) wouldnt go into 1st or 3rd Ithink I found parts at Motive Gear they only had seals and gaskets couldnt get thrust washers for the lower shaft. farly simple box to work on I couldnt find any overhall instructions just parts breakdowns

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well considering it'a already opened up.....get a rebuild kit throw it in and know full well that all is well.

JM2CW