sway bar bushings

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
anyone know what the size is?
I've got 7/8 all the way up to 1 1/8 on the parts list.
Not having a pair of calipers makes me unsure of the measurement.

truck in sig.

anyway, I'm thinking this is the shudder when letting off the clutch as there is alotta play in them.

thanks
Drew

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
ahh, my bad.
the back.

I noticed alot of shudder on take off when I installed the zf. Happen when shifting sometimes too.... Everything else checks out ok, tho I was messing around yesterday and the rear sway bar has 1/2inch of play.... bar is ok, bushings wore. Figure for the $40 it'll cost to replace it's an easy elimination.... I was offshore thinking of welding up a ladder type support, but shoot we already have the bar, so guess I can work with it first.

when my neighbor gets home from lunch I'll see if he has a micrometer or calipers I can borrow.... otherwise I guess the diameter/3.14 might get me close....

thanks,
Drew

zpd307

Reaction score
take an adjustable wrench and then measure the gap with a tape measure. i cant for the life of me remember what mine were.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
roger roger....
I no go on the calipers, so the ole adjustable it is.
Thanks for reminding me, why is it I remember stuff like this at work, but at home it's like I just forget everything?

anyway
Drew

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you want stiffer bushings, most parts stores are now carrying those energy suspension urethene sway bar bushings and they are generally cheaper than stock ones. I grabbed a set at advance and popped them on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin