Swapping 6.9 into 92

Greenmachine

Reaction score
So I went to the auto yard today, I needed a vacum pump and fender core support. I got those and found out what the what the square plug goes too. It looks like a vacuum sensor very small black box. I also visited a old friend and check out what he had. One of his trucks in the yard had a turbo on it that looks factory, the turbo was on the drivers side and the passenger exhaust ran down and back up to the back of the drivers side . The pic is the intake hat that I saw. Should I look into but that setup seemed pretty cool

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    874.3 KB · Views: 11

Greenmachine

Reaction score
So guess what guys she runs! I just fired her up after charging battery's I had to use the smallest squirt of starring fluid I could ( I suspect glow plugs) and not to worry I stood about three feet away and did a half second burst. Not trying to ruin hard work with the starting juice lol but she did fire up and idle just fine. I'm really excited :D ! I just drained the oil and pulled the filter . Only one tiny little spec of metal on the magnet. I was doing some reading last night and decided to buy a coolant filter kit from Napa , I also got a filter with DCAs in it, I'll install that maybe tomorrow. Not to bad for a 21 year old. P.S y'all are the only much appreciated help I had!

Greenmachine

Reaction score
Here's my beauty and the stuff I got today, two buckets cuz I'm a valued customer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 9

Greenmachine

Reaction score
I drove my truck yesterday and fell into idi love lol missed this motor, today I'm going thru the glow plugs to fix that problem. If it's the controller I'll make a Manuel setup. I unbolted my muffler and tail pipe and bolted on a 7.3 powerstroke turbo down pipe, I think it looks cool, not something everyone else has lol! I am fiddling with a cold air intake setup at the moment . My intake " hat" is for a turbo idi and I am using a power stroke inter cooler pipe . Not totally sure about it yet. Dose anyone think it might be a bit restrictive? I thinking to the right is my best shot.

Greenmachine

Reaction score
Pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    819.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    985.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg