Supercharging?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your setup sounds awesome man! I can't wait to finally get going on mine! I'm talking it that when your friend freshened it up a bit, that he ported out the blower a bit?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your setup sounds awesome man! I can't wait to finally get going on mine! I'm talking it that when your friend freshened it up a bit, that he ported out the blower a bit?

Thanks, Yes I believe thats one of the things he did while going through it!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I see you are planning on a bigger ip eventually. I would go with as much fuel as you can with the mods you have planned. Nitrous is pointless if you don't have the extra fuel to burn. Just my $.02 on that. Anyway keep us updated!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I see you are planning on a bigger ip eventually. I would go with as much fuel as you can with the mods you have planned. Nitrous is pointless if you don't have the extra fuel to burn. Just my $.02 on that. Anyway keep us updated!

Thanks but I would like to keep the truck as streetable as possible, dont see my self going over the bull moose with how much hauling I do.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The boost you get early from the supercharger will prevent high egts. You can always turn the fuel down as will if it is to high. That's one of the nice things about a Db2. But anyway with that, the fuel would be there if you wanted it.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The boost you get early from the supercharger will prevent high egts. You can always turn the fuel down as will if it is to high. That's one of the nice things about a Db2. But anyway with that, the fuel would be there if you wanted it.

True but isnt there a limit to how much you can turn it down? Or can you take an omega moose and turn it down to a 90cc setting? (just an example btw)

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a limit but IMO you can easily turn it far enough down for what you need. Its only around 100cc iirc and it should definitely go down far enough. Remember you are also pushing more air than an NA engine, so the most of the additional fuel will be used. Plus since its supercharged, that additional fuel down low that wouldn't get burned with a turbo setup will be used and thus will help keep egts down as well. Of course that is all dependent on what your intake temps are coming out of the supercharger. Have you thought about adding an intercooler to your setup? By the sounds of how you described it, you could possibly do that as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin