Stumped: Glove Box Latch

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I broke the glove box latch on a bullnose...my winch remote is in there.

What's the consensus regarding the best way to get it open with out tearing anything else up?

You must be registered for see images attach

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I have had one apart, if I remember correctly though the function is fairly simple. If you still have the pieces you should be able to put it back together enough to function.

It just snaps together. The outside piece snaps on what is in your picture to hold if I remember correctly, the 2 buttons and a spreader spring.

James

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I have had one apart, if I remember correctly though the function is fairly simple. If you still have the pieces you should be able to put it back together enough to function.

It just snaps together. The outside piece snaps on what is in your picture to hold if I remember correctly, the 2 buttons and a spreader spring.

James

Thank you for your input.

I don't have the pieces though.

I did find a couple of cammed leavers on the floorboard, reinstalled them, messed with them for a while, but wasn't able to get the latch to operate.

I don't even remember breaking the damned thing.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be able to stick a couple of tiny screwdrivers or straight picks into the slots towards the top and possibly get ahold of the latches and manipulate them towards the center.

If you haven't figured it out by tomorrow afternoon let me know and I will take one of mine apart and post some pictures of its function.

James

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even remember breaking the damned thing.
They are very easy to have pop apart, years ago when I had my first bullnose I remember having the damn thing come apart in my hand on several occasions.

James

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may be able to stick a couple of tiny screwdrivers or straight picks into the slots towards the top and possibly get ahold of the latches and manipulate them towards the center.

James
[/QUOTE]

Agreed... It's on a job site, I didn't have small tools on
hand. 16d nails are plentiful, around there, but too big.
I'll take a couple of small probes with me next trip.

Thank you for the offer of pics.
I'll mess with it some more and let you know.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm stoked!!! This is some different fodder to keep an eye on!
Thank you Mr @Kizer for something new!
It sure seems like a simple fix, but honestly I hope it takes forever and we get some really new input. I'm glad your faucet fuel pump isn't in the glove box, it would start sucking air for sure and we'd have another air intrusion thread. Maybe you'll get stuck, start sucking air, and then the winch control will be in the glove box and you'll figure it out just in time before it gets bad.......not too bad, just enough to get our heart racing before you start an air intrusion thread. Ahhhhh........ this is sooooooo exciting..... :popcorn

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you stuck in the woods with your emergency TP and winch control in the glove box?!?!?!?
It was close!
I got there and didn't have time to mess with the glove box... just used my '85 like a tractor. Pulled a couple of trucks around.