Stumbling 1996 f350 7.3 PS with TS 6 pos chip from RiffRaff Diesel

Oleblue84

Reaction score
Need help!

I have a 1996 F350 7.3 powerstroke, 5-speed manual. I ordered a TS 6 pos chip from RiffRaff diesel, and I had it programmed for a completely stock 7.3 and burned with my pcm code.

After I installed it, the truck fired right up. I switched it out of stock tune, and put it in daily driver tune. The truck was super responsive, but when I got on it... it would stumble when I let off. I switched it to economy tune, and it did the same thing. It sounds like it shuts off twice, then idles back out.

Does anyone have any ideas? I just want to be able to enjoy this chip!!

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OBS trucks will show a romping or rough idle when tuned going back to idle.

Can you post a video of the problem?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PCM contacts may need to be cleaned further for a better connection to the chip.

This! If the business card has the same code as your pcm then it’s correct and you need to clean the contacts better. On mine I completely split the pcm case open and cleaned the contacts way down to make sure as the first time it wasn’t running right and gave me a check engine code. After I re cleaned them all was good

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The PCM contacts may need to be cleaned further for a better connection to the chip.
But, make sure you don't go down to bare copper. Some idiot company still has that in their instructions.....
This! If the business card has the same code as your pcm then it’s correct and you need to clean the contacts better. On mine I completely split the pcm case open and cleaned the contacts way down to make sure as the first time it wasn’t running right and gave me a check engine code. After I re cleaned them all was good
Yep. Imo, that's the only way to do it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online