stuck injector?

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some of you may know that one of the injectors in my truck unscrewed when i was taking it out to replace the copper washer now the nozzle is stuck in the head i have had the injector hole filled with pb blaster for 24 hours now a this afternoon i cleant out a bunch of built up carbon but the nozzle still wont come out for those of you who have done this what is the best way to go about getting it out would putting thread lock on it and letting it set a couple days help any? i have tried putting the two ends back together and prying the nozzle out to no avail and suggestions would be appreciated thanks-cuss

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take what's left of the injector body and grind off the threads that screws the housing into the head. DO NOT damage the threads that screw the injector halves together. Run the upper body into the hole and screw the halves together. Pull out or screw out. Now the fun of cleaning out the carbon begins-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The injector threads on the body needs to be ground off. What you don't want is the injector threading down into the head and sealing itself up again. Don't use anything on the nozzle fine threads, just grind off the threads that holds the injector in the head. Now that its ground down you can tighten it up to the nozzle and it probaly will just break loose by the force of threading it back together. It not try moving it back and forth. It will break loose. You can also try some Mercury outboard motor carbon cleaner. It will soften the carbon so things will move. After its out hand crank the motor so you know its not hydrolocked. Place a rag over the open hole and use the starter but please pull both wires off the injection pump. You don't want the motor starting. And be very careful... These motors create 500 lbs of compression and crap blowing out that hole will injure your eyes or body.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
may have already screwed up already screwed the upper half back in the head without grinding the threads off the threads that hold the injector halfs together dont look damge

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the injector out this morning actually came out easily after soaking in pb blaster 3 days the copper washer is still stuck tho thats a problem for another day family dinners the rest of today.... o by the way happy easter everybody

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good dental pick will get that out, or a flat bladed screw driver hammered into it.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i tried the pick couldnt get a hold on it tho will try the screw driver today probably

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Anyone have this happen???

You must be registered for see images attach

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Update: dont try to crank it over to blowout the tip. Itll just scatter the innards of the tip.
Also to remove the carbon build up i removed the glowplug to blow air into. Got a cordless drill and a wire brush lookin attachment and went to town with the air blowing and the drilling. Its still not fun

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online