strarting to apply the make up for the big dance

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
That's right boys and girls.

The kids and I are starting to put make up on a pig today....

The pig doesn't like it and when you are done you still have a pig...

Pulled the headache rack off and yanked all the lights and wiring (redoing the wiring on it). Was at Home depot and seen where they had rustoleum brand cans of paint where gray primer had fallen and covered an entire rack of paint in the said primer.... so the manager marked all of it down 50%. Figured what the heck.... so I bought a quart of paint for 3 bucks and some change.... Well I found a use for it - that's right the headache rack ;Sweet so I bought a pack of cheap brushes and set the kids loose with wire wheels and wire brushes to knock the loose paint off. They have since covered the back half of the rack in white paint (complete with brush strokes ;Sweet - really what do I care at this point - it's gonna be professionally painted next year hopefully). I had a can of gray primer hanging out in the garage from something so I knocked some paint off the front of the bed and squirted it - yes it looks like butt crack but the rust is covered and again what do I care it'll be professional painted in a year.

We are working on trying to win best paint at the show and shine :rotflmao:confused:cookoo;p

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
That is the most scared I have ever been clicking on a forum thread! Honestly, I still can't believe I opened it!!!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
YES! Success!

Well we got it painted and remounted. Completed the wiring from all the lights to down in the bed but haven't got it wired into the truck yet (it has stop and tail lights recessed into the rack) and has offroad lights mounted on top. Figured they would work well for the dimly lit back roads since during the winter months I travel to and from work in the dark. They are a halogen light of no name from what I can tell - which they show signs of a truck fire so I don't know if they even work at this point but the wiring seems solid but the plastic housings on the rear are smooshed if you will so they got hot at some point.

Oh and the bright white paint makes the rack STAND OUT to say the least - lol....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, sounds like fun had by all...

kids getting to participate in the fix up of the ride, you shopping and prepping....sweet

Never happened btw without pics ;Poke

gandalf

Reaction score
Al is right!! Seeing is believing. Where are the pictures?

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Travis teased me when I was at the 2009 rally about waxing my truck front fender. He felt I needed to wax the crewcab.. Nope.. I'm can't see doing all that metal. So he said he was doing to do just one front fender and then I would be FORCED into doing the reat of the rig......:eek:LOL Well it never happened but if it did I still would have only one polished fender. Paine wont make it go any better than it does or get you home at nite. So maybe someone should maybe sneek up on the Travis rig one nite of the rally and polish one leg of the pig... See how he likes dem apples....:eek::rotflmao All teaseing aside it sounds like all had a great time painting the pig... It was a party worth an ice cream run afterwards at my house if I had a paint the pig party.
A little cautionary note about Travis.. He has a jokester side to him with a great delievery timed perfectly. But its all part of the rally fun.:thumbsup:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Me..... no not at all.... I'll zap some pictures here in a little bit and upload them tonight while I'm hard at work in the plant on overtime.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis teased me when I was at the 2009 rally about waxing my truck front fender. He felt I needed to wax the crewcab.. Nope.. I'm can't see doing all that metal. So he said he was doing to do just one front fender and then I would be FORCED into doing the reat of the rig......:eek:LOL Well it never happened but if it did I still would have only one polished fender. Paine wont make it go any better than it does or get you home at nite. So maybe someone should maybe sneek up on the Travis rig one nite of the rally and polish one leg of the pig... See how he likes dem apples....:eek::rotflmao All teaseing aside it sounds like all had a great time painting the pig... It was a party worth an ice cream run afterwards at my house if I had a paint the pig party.
A little cautionary note about Travis.. He has a jokester side to him with a great delievery timed perfectly. But its all part of the rally fun.:thumbsup:
something about west coast trucks and paint that looks baked to death from the sun. i can't bring myself to repainting a truck that sits outside all the time.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
something about west coast trucks and paint that looks baked to death from the sun. i can't bring myself to repainting a truck that sits outside all the time.

Paint and body care is a must if you want to keep a truck for more than 10 years around here. It's as essential as changing the oil and filters. Left coast guys have it soo easy they don't even know it. Right now I really want to build another truck, the biggest underlying reason is so I can take the crew cab off the road and give it the attention it needs.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Out here on the west coast we apply salt to our steaks only... Nothing meets the roads... Whats with that... Salting the highways.. Is someone having a party...:eek:;p:angel::rotflmao:thumbsup: Garages where we can park our trucks when the weather turns ruff don't igsist around here. If they did I know this guy would have one filled with mills and lathes...

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not repainting a truck your going to keep is not a good thing drops value way below what it should an doesnt look good. Tears up the metal. I have a ca truck will a stripped hood full of surface rust that was gonna cause rust holes in the hood. I see non painted trucks as off road trucks or work trucks. A personal driver not painted is like wearing the same shirt an pants for two weeks doesn't look very good. Honestly paint an body (done the right way) should cost you far more than a set of tires. An when one keeps a truck forever an doesn't do so cab swaps an so on is in your future.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Wouldn't have affected me none. I was building a solid-surface counter-top a few years back to install for a customer. I needed to polish it and I had a new buffer, and not wanting to test it on a customer's counter, I polished a panel on my truck instead. It looked great, but I never got around to finishing the rest of the truck. You could definitely tell a difference between the red and orange-ish colors.

This southwest sun does horrible damage to paint. It's God's punishment to us for not getting rust. I bought a garage kept 92 Lexus LS400 about 2 years ago. My garage is too full of junk to park a car in, so it's been parked outside. The clear coat is fading on the roof and trunk already.